• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

12z Euro is rockin' and rolling with the cold after Thanksgiving. It's starting to appear that that GOM disturbance will be gone before the deep cold air gets here, but there's still some time to keep an eye on it.

ecmwf_z500aMean_namer_6.png

12 EURO 6-10 day mean at 500mb...Strong blocking still present up near Greenland. With the position of ridge out West should be cold/dry NW flow.
ecmwf_T850a_us_11.png

If we can build a good snowpack early that will keep cold blasts from moderating as much once we get into the dead of winter,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow or no snow it looks like we will be around or slightly below average for a good while after tomorrow. As long as we don’t have any extended periods of above normal temps I’ll be happy. I’ve never had a near normal winter that didn’t bring a few events of snow with it. After last winter I’ll be more then happy with near normal temps and a few 1-2 inch snow events mixed in with multiple flurrie days!

12z Euro is rockin' and rolling with the cold after Thanksgiving. It's starting to appear that that GOM disturbance will be gone before the deep cold air gets here, but there's still some time to keep an eye on it.
12z euro was extremely dry.... for us...also looks most of the heart of cold air goes east northeast. Imagine that

12z euro was extremely dry.... for us...also looks most of the heart of cold air goes east northeast. Imagine that
Lol, the heart of the cold air never comes this south. But we do get pretty cold with these blocking. I know what you mean tho.

Not that it means a hill of beans cause the day 10 euro wont verify but the 12z euro brings some of the coldest anomalies across the southeast
2804f9f9750e80995cd0639bdd42933e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Well for one, that is one broad tall western ridge days before Thanksgiving. I mean, there's 558/564 heights going up into SW Canada. The ridging is just too tall and broad before hand, and that's what's holding the cold back further north. Then the disturbance in the GOM heads off to the northeast before the real cold gets in place. That ridge needs to break down a good bit, but not too much, cause than it will be dry sure enough with moisture being suppressed.

Can I wait and see what happens in December, January, and February before I buy this deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely. You'd be unwise not to.
I'm not Bill O'Reilly ... I just pass information along and don't "bloviate" ... LOL ... ;)
The post and link are just one more thing to consider, among many others ...
The Curmudgeon

Last edited:
Not that it means a hill of beans cause the day 10 euro wont verify but the 12z euro brings some of the coldest anomalies across the southeast
2804f9f9750e80995cd0639bdd42933e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
You just found DT's new screensaver! :)

Oh no, 0z GFS is bringing in the moisture further north from the disturbance from the GOM on Thanksgiving (no cold air yet). I don't want rain on Thanksgiving.

Crazy little warm front across AL. Temp went as low as 41 earlier. Now it sits at 56. Fired up the stove when it was cold and now I'm gonna let it burn out.

Back