• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

No Euro snow maps from last night? Must have been pretty bad.

The ICON beefed up the 6z run a little further to the west than 0z.
icon_asnow_seus_41.png

0z and 6z NAVGEM looks to give NC some snow. Actually has some further west than other models.
navgem_mslp_pcpn_seus_17.png

Kbmx says 1-2 inches. Awesome writeup by Matt, extremely detailed .Wish he would find his way to the board

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
No doubt. I think 1-2" is a possibility for y'all and us at this point. Almost to Nam range as well

Kbmx says 1-2 inches. Awesome writeup by Matt, extremely detailed .Wish he would find his way to the board

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
HUN says not expecting over an inch after going into how it may be moderate and ratios very high, etc. Playing it very conservative.

No doubt. I think 1-2" is a possibility for y'all and us at this point. Almost to Nam range as well
Yea the 6z 12k NAM increased moisture back West over TN and Northern MS from 0Z run.

Attachments

• namconus_ref_frzn_us_fh78_trend.gif
    namconus_ref_frzn_us_fh78_trend.gif
    383.5 KB · Views: 53
Agreed, only very slightly. Actually beefed up snow at RDU but was drier further west. That would not surprise me based on clipper climo for the sweet spot to end up somewhere from GSO to RDU corridor or slightly east.
I agree it's an all or nothing thing again. This could be flurries at best to maybe an inch or 2 for most outside of y'all's area. Maybe more there. 1 of the local Mets here, was like it's irresponsible to talk about snow right now. I'm like ya ok, it's 3.5 days away, you shouldn't over play it at all, but saying it's not possible is much more "irresponsible" imho

We all saw what 1-2 inches did back in 2014 and this is the exact same situation with the ground temps. It was awful then because of the lack of warning, but even with a warning, it will still be awful travel conditions and idiots will not listen no matter what.

Amen brother, amen! I really respect that and commend you for that attitude! Folks are not dumb - if you present them with the scenario in an intelligent manner, most can comprehend that it's a possibility and to keep an eye on the forecast. All of these "our worst case scenarios are coming true" silliness at the 11th hour is just embarrassing, and that just happened here with the NWS-RAH for our last event.
And then it turned out to be not much of anything for Wake.

Back