• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

We have a conundrum. Georgia Girl started the thread 1 minute before Chris.

We have a conundrum; you started the thread right before Chris. So now we admins have to figure out how to make this work. ;)

I'm going to rename the other thread to you guy's names and some other random stuff. ;)

From Jason Simpson:
One of the analogs (similar events) to this set up is January 20-21, 1985: an accumulation of sleet and snow, brutally cold air, and one of the coldest temperatures on record in Huntsville: -11ºF.

From Jason Simpson:
One of the analogs (similar events) to this set up is January 20-21, 1985: an accumulation of sleet and snow, brutally cold air, and one of the coldest temperatures on record in Huntsville: -11ºF.
That's a pretty crazy analog to be bringing up... wow.

@Storm5 I can’t remember the snowjam that happen in south Birmingham and southward. How much snow did they get down there??!

Guess this could be a similar setup with temps in mid 20s

snow_totals.jpg

Ah; GEFS and EPS less in mby; Midlands of SC. Bad signs. I think I will throw this threat out for mby, outside snowfall (that really doesnt accumulate to much). :(

For us to get an appreciable snowfall with accumulation here around CAE, I like to see ensemble means around 2-4 inches. This dusting ensemble mean thing is for the birds!

Ah; GEFS and EPS less in mby; Midlands of SC. Bad signs. I think I will throw this threat out for mby, outside snowfall (that really doesnt accumulate to much). :(

For us to get an appreciable snowfall with accumulation here around CAE, I like to see ensemble means around 2-4 inches. This dusting ensemble mean thing is for the birds!
can you post a map wish i had access lol

Let me guess. Newberry to Charlotte will get snow. Cold 35 and rain for us. Rain moves out then temps drop below freezing.

Back