• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

it got to one county west of me and started dissipating. corinth snow shield in full effect

just walked outside at work and it's spitting a few small flakes. you can see across the TN river and it looks like a white out...but damn it's cold and the wind will take your breath away

I forgot about the dry slot. #1,582 out of 2,000 different ways the south can get screwed during a winter storm. Half joking but getting a little nervous up here in White House. I do have some freezing rain on the ground but that’s it so far due to the mother of all dry slots.

Oh believe me, watching the NWS radar in west TN, it's painful, it completely reminds me of 3/1/09, just in Tennessee this time. ULLs sometimes like to stall and then eventually the moisture will choke off. Right now the shield is barely moving at all.

I forgot about the dry slot. #1,582 out of 2,000 different ways the south can get screwed during a winter storm. Half joking but getting a little nervous up here in White House. I do have some freezing rain on the ground but that’s it so far due to the mother of all dry slots.
ONLY 2,000?

The real kicker would be if the band holds together only for it to drop more freezing rain on us. Now that would be total heresy.

Yeah, its just sitting there in North Mississippi slowly moving this way. I hope it holds together. Its been snowing off and on all morning with nothing showing on radar.

Oh believe me, watching the NWS radar in west TN, it's painful, it completely reminds me of 3/1/09, just in Tennessee this time. ULLs sometimes like to stall and then eventually the moisture will choke off. Right now the shield is barely moving at all.
what if you were me. it got one county from me and started dissipating and im in the warning. i royaly got the middle finger

what if you were me. it got one county from me and started dissipating and im in the warning. i royaly got the middle finger

I was you in 3/1/09 actually. WSW for 4-6" and nary a flake from that one. That ULL stalled right before it hit my county.

That's the story with ULLs. There's going to be a screw zone with all of them and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Back