• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

I'm very surprised WPC gives the Chattanooga area a 50-60% chance of at least 1 inch. Nothing I know of even shows that at all. I expect snow showers or flurries for a bit but that is it. All models show the snow drying up as it moves east.

Ground Temps argument once again takes another loss.
There was no argument this time . This was clear. People kept saying oh it was in the 60s blah blah ..... This is a classic type system in the southeast . Warm one day , winter storm the next

#slamdunk

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

There was no argument this time . This was clear. People kept saying oh it was in the 60s blah blah ..... This is a classic type system in the southeast . Warm one day , winter storm the next

#slamdunk

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Right, I'll never forget east Alabama getting tornadoes and 70s one day and five inches of snow the next.

I'm very surprised WPC gives the Chattanooga area a 50-60% chance of at least 1 inch. Nothing I know of even shows that at all. I expect snow showers or flurries for a bit but that is it. All models show the snow drying up as it moves east.
WTVC showed a band later this afternoon and early evening. Hope WPC is right! Ill take my 1 inch of snow and run with it

looks like its beginning to diminish as it pushes east. the back side is most likely sucking in some dry air

It's not going to snow in GA from this one unless it's the mountains. It wasn't out storm. The clipper coming up is the most likely shot at another snow in the area, but I don't expect it to happen at all.

I can't be here and root for other folks on this forum at all?

I can't be here and root for other folks on this forum at all?
You can, and that's fine. I was just thinking that you were talking about GA. Sorry about that. Here is the dry air map, and it's why I think a lot aren't going to see anything. I don't even expect a second line.
GANIMPjCqak20.jpg

Ya that dry air punch is not going to be pretty especially with the comma pulling ENE or NE

Wonder why they are getting a lot of reports of moderate snow towards Florence but the radar doesn't really show anything?

Back