• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

Snowlover, you always bring some great graphics but for some reason they don't show up much of the time for me.

Shawn do you think the euro looks better snow wise or worse? Also did the euro show almost a half inch of freezing for north Middle Tennessee or did I read that wrong?

I haven't been keeping up with amounts; but here is the 12z Euro ptype map:

ptype.png

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_18.png

From the nws in Memphis
fe195c7e03f43b52c5464a3ddd879b50.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
It appears from this post they are removing most of the northern most MS counties out of the Watch to Advisory criteria except for Desoto which looks to be put under a Warning.

I'm looking at the wording from the Memphis NWS regarding the Winter Storm Warning and it says: " Significant snow and ice accumulations will be possible across much of the region." Then it says sleet and snow accumulations will only be 2 inches or less. Seems a little contradictory.

I'm looking at the wording from the Memphis NWS regarding the Winter Storm Warning and it says: " Significant snow and ice accumulations will be possible across much of the region." Then it says sleet and snow accumulations will only be 2 inches or less. Seems a little contradictory.
That is significant for there, especially when some of it is ice.

That is significant for there, especially when some of it is ice.
Lol ok. I just figured being in TN they would be a little more used to snow and ice than say a place like Jackson or Birmingham. 2 inches seems rather minimal but I guess because of the ice that is what makes it significant.

Back