• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

When do you think it will be possible to pretty much confirm hits and misses in certain locations with this based on the track? Do you think they will have a pretty solid idea by this morning or more late afternoon? Specifically over towards the Athens, AL area where I have to drive to work from Huntsville. thanks for any info.

WWA for Nashville and Huntsville

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
26678061_10156065945365842_2375694487710966569_o.jpg

Seems like a few here called this AL impact spot on. Very light and only northern tier counties. Was hoping for an ULL surprise, but at this point, it doesn't even look like its going to close off. On to the next!

Why is the Birmingham NWS putting out a snow forecst for the Huntsville area ?
Sorry for the delay in responding, but it took me a while to join and get approved.

The graphic that was shared yesterday was a compilation of data from the official forecasts from our surrounding offices. We create the graphics primarily for the state EMA so that they have one easy-to-view forecast for the entire state. So, the forecast for any other CWA represented in this graphic is their forecast...provided graphically by us. Theoretically, you could view the same information on the NDFD, but not with the nice graphic background cut out at the state line, etc.

We did not intend for the graphic to be shared publicly, but now that it has, we are asking ourselves if we should make it available on a routine basis. We will likely add disclaimer statements to it to convey the info I shared above. The other caveat will be that it is only designed to be issued once a day right now, based on needs of our partners.

nam was a no go here in northeast ms. its amazing how models vary from one run to another

What I would give for a chance to forecast a no-holds barred, cold air to the gulf, none of this borderline junk, winter storm!

So much this! No #toomuchdryair, no warm noses (although I wouldn't mind a sleet storm), no looking at 500 mb down to the final hour, just an old fashioned winter storm, but we live in the south, it's never that easy haha.

Back