• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

Looks like the GFS has a more icy solution compared to EURO showing snow for the Memphis area.

Spann:
FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND: A deepening surface low will move right over Alabama Friday with widespread rain statewide; amounts of 1/2 to 1 inch are likely. On the back side of the departing low, much colder air will be pulled down into the Deep South, and it looks like we will have falling temperatures by Friday afternoon. And, there is some chance the rain could briefly change to light snow or snow flurries Friday night or Saturday morning. Traditionally in cases like this, there is little impact and little accumulation, but we will keep an eye on trends in coming days.

I bet higher elevations of the mountains do well this weekend. I'm so close to cooking a chalet up near ober gatlinburg thats right around 3,000 feet for the weekend. NW flow kicks in

It's not really a cold chasing moisture thing if the darn thing would stay closed. It stays so for a while, but then some trailing energy seemingly makes it reopen over the heart of Tennessee and the storm isn't as impressive eastward. At least it isn't an open mess like it was for a while earlier though.

I bet higher elevations of the mountains do well this weekend. I'm so close to cooking a chalet up near ober gatlinburg thats right around 3,000 feet for the weekend. NW flow kicks in

How are those chalet’s best cooked??? Sautéed or fried??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18z gefs is SE of the OP
1a170cccbaa65c8eab8bc933d3af6268.jpg
dfd78a4721d0a27f320ffbee3973b33f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back