• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Midsouth Winter Storm January 12th-13th

Why are people acting like this is trending bad ??? This was never an ideal setup for Alabama , Georgia or east Tennessee. This has always been a good setup for northern Mississippi and West Tennessee. I think some people have unrealistic expectations of your SE of those areas. Things will change over the next 48 hours but this has always been a system that favors the NW parts of the region

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Everyone should have took that to the bank when I mentioned this threat a week ago. If I sniff it out, chances of snow in central AL plummet. I've got to be a pessimist to get snow here.

Euro is much quicker. In and out 6 hours tops frozen for extreme Northern Alabama

Sounds like the GFS is about to coup a big time win, which is unreal, but then again, the Euro can be too phase happy.

The Euro still looks fine for North TN I feel but it's not that great anywhere else.

Sounds like the GFS is about to coup a big time win, which is unreal, but then again, the Euro can be too phase happy.

The Euro still looks fine for North TN I feel but it's not that great anywhere else.
This isnt really phase related

Some freezing rain verbatim this run

Just seems odd that with cold air rushing in that it would be freezing rain in north ala like it shows. Not buying it, it will be a quick changeover to snow.

Just seems odd that with cold air rushing in that it would be freezing rain in north ala like it shows. Not buying it, it will be a quick changeover to snow.
Surface temps crash but the warm nose at 850 could easily keep it as freezing rain or sleet

If models are picking up on a warm nose now odds are it will become more prevalent as the event gets closer

Looks like Memphis still expecting accumulating snow in their Hazardous Weather update issued at 11:52 AM

There is a potential for accumulating snow across portions of the
Midsouth early Friday morning through late Friday night. Rain
will transition to sleet and freezing before changing to snow.
Uncertainty remains with respect to location and magnitude of
winter precipitation.

Lol what??? This was never an Alabama threat. This has always been areas to our NW and extreme Northern Alabama

Lol what???

Just because it isn't my backyard doesn't mean I don't pull for AL to get snow. It looked like some of us were going to cash in....now it doesn't. What am I missing?

Lol what???

Just because it isn't my backyard doesn't mean I don't pull for AL to get snow. It looked like some of us were going to cash in....now it doesn't. What am I missing?
I guess the fact that northern Alabama is very much still in play

Back