• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

Here comes the backdoor front some convection along it would be great
2f1a80c8d838da7700d86522ccbac8b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thought that was an outflow boundary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 18z GFS looks good too. 2-3 inches or more of rain for lots of us. Parts of AL and GA already have had 2-3 inches of rain and will be getting more.

Don't know what to say. We had a ton of rain, wind, lightning this evening. I forgot to mount my rain gauge, so no idea how much rain we got, but it was a lot. <head hung in shame>

.14" of rain so far. Had storms/showers dancing around me all evening but nothing really hit until about 20 minutes go. Now it's a constant roar, heavy rain and wind. We need it! Not sure how I feel about the NWS forecast for tonight:

Overnight
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Considering the rain JUST started 25 minutes or so ago... I doubt the mainly before 1AM thing happens. lol.

Last edited:
Well whatever dry spell we had in Central AL is toast.

Congrats! It also looks like the very dry area just south of Rosie got decent rain. Now if only we can get some good widespread rain over to weatherdawg in far south GA, Waycross, and Phil in Gainesville. Also, it is dry as a bone between Orlando and Lake Okeechobee though a portion of this area got some rain on Saturday.

It's looking like my area may be going to miss today's rain. Everything is to our west and moving north. Redevelopment isn't going to be likely either due to gulf coast convection doing its thing. Tues and Wed is our best hope and I'm betting that stays near the coast.

The GFS is beginning to joke around again... but forms the storm around 180, and has had the low down in the Caribbean there past 10 runs... I will be watching this, and if more models pick up on it and it persists then it may need a tropical thread. Hoping not.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_52.png

Last edited:
We're finally getting our first decent rainfall in weeks. I haven't gone outside to measure yet, but it appears that we definitely have received more than .5.

Just got slammed by a huge gust of wind. Somehow my neighbor's grill got halfway down their driveway from it. Lots of small limbs everywhere..

Right round then I was coming across 20 and right before the Cherokee/Forsyth line some trees were down across powerlines; possible microburst or something, it was quite the mess.

Back