• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Can someone tell me what the timing looks like for when things start going downhill in the Triangle?

Yep
26ccb5d4f387a2dad422c09f057c5d84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It really reminded me of the last tornado outbreak we had in April 2011.

Paging @deltadog03 how'd you fair last night? Hopefully no major issues....

Man the hi res models are not wavering on that solid band of strong winds on the backside this evening, showing anywhere from 50-70 mph
Somehow we didn't loose power .I have a lot to clean up today after work.

I'm getting worried about a couple of trees in my backyard, they were already weakened after Florence and now they are really starting to tilt.

Dodged a bullet here. Not too bad, not too bad at all. We've had worse winds with strong arctic fronts.

The real victims are FL & GA. Also, parts of NC will be looking at a bigger TOR risk today (than CAE had) along with some interesting wind gusts that could make things tricky.

What do you think your winds are gusting to right now? Just curious to see reality compared to what the models are showing
I'm getting worried about a couple of trees in my backyard, they were already weakened after Florence and now they are really starting to tilt.

You can't notice in this pic but the two middle trees are really taking a beating and are bending towards the house whenever there's a gust of wind.
f6643a51c81b3d68a407b8f4efadf47b.jpg

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

What do you think your winds are gusting to right now? Just curious to see reality compared to what the models are showing

I would estimate at around 25-35mph at the worst. I really hope that band modeled by the hrrr is overdone.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Well, I can mark myself safe as well. I actually did lose power twice though through the late night hours, I had a little trouble sleeping but I think it was after that. First time I heard the radio, then heard the microwave beeping.

Winds weren't as big of a problem as I thought. I wonder if it was a little higher than the airport which had 49 at its top but even if it was, probably still just 50-55 MPH gusts. Did hear on the local morning news about an apartment getting destroyed by a tree in the county south of me though.

HRRR has an area of 80kts by hour 9 and moving through a heavily populated area. IF it's right or even close then it's going to be really, really bad. 90-95mph gusts will cause significant tree damage and power outages that no one is expecting.
HRRRMA_sfc_gust_009.png

Even if it's over doing it, which in my opinion it probably is, but even if you knock 15 or 20 miles per hour off of that still going to be issues.
HRRR has an area of 80kts by hour 9 and moving through a heavily populated area. IF it's right or even close then it's going to be really, really bad. 90-95mph gusts will cause significant tree damage and power outages that no one is expecting.
HRRRMA_sfc_gust_009.png

Back