Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
First post but a longtime lurker. Anyway, here near Emory in NE Atlanta so far periodic moderate to heavy rain since 5PM. Surprisingly though not much in the way of wind gusts. The wind has only been stirring ever so lightly so far and I'm glad for that with all of the large trees surrounding me here. However, nearby PDK airport has reported gusts to 33 and sustained of 13 from the NE.

EDIT: typo..gusts at PDK to 22 not 33.

Last edited:
If that Hrrrr model is right. Then Greenville-Spartanburg Pickens and Oconee in Upstate South Carolina in for a really nasty band around 7am. Wind gust close to 50.

What are the chances of GSP putting a tropical storm warning in the upstate in the 11 o’clock advisory?
I was just wondering the same thing. I thought they were going to expand the warning earlier. Seems a little late in the game. People are asleep. My best guess is that they will not pull the trigger

What are the chances of GSP putting a tropical storm warning in the upstate in the 11 o’clock advisory?
I think they should but they won’t. The reason I believe they should is because it appears right at rush hour gust will be 30-40 with heavy heavy rain. Ok that’s not safe getting kids to school. I drive my kids to school. Pickens and Greenville needs to at least delay. Regardless rush hour looks like a mess.

Haven't commented during the storm but have been reading. Many thanks to all for the great discussion and reports. Up here in far NE Forsyth County, we've experienced a couple of pretty good rain bands and we've gusted around 30 mph. Think it will get a little worse here in the next few hours, as the center works farther northeast and some of those stronger bands roll into the north and northeast metro area.

Everybody please stay safe. My prayers and thoughts to everybody impacted by this storm.

--30--

Reactions: Metwannabe
GAC045-063-067-097-121-143-223-233-110915-
/O.NEW.KFFC.FA.W.0009.181011T0310Z-181011T0915Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Paulding GA-Carroll GA-Cobb GA-Haralson GA-Douglas GA-Clayton GA-
Fulton GA-Polk GA-
1110 PM EDT WED OCT 10 2018

The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a

* Flood Warning for...
Paulding County in northwestern Georgia...
Carroll County in northwestern Georgia...
Cobb County in north central Georgia...
Haralson County in northwestern Georgia...
Douglas County in north central Georgia...
Clayton County in north central Georgia...
Fulton County in north central Georgia...
Southern Polk County in northwestern Georgia...

* Until 515 AM EDT Thursday.

* At 1108 PM EDT, the public reported heavy rain and flooding in
west metro Atlanta. That heavy rain will cause flooding. Up to
three and a half inches of rain have already fallen.

Additional rainfall amounts of two to three inches are possible in
the warned area.

Sounds about right. I am sitting at 3.71" now with some heavier bands getting ready to move in again. Some minor flooding already occurring and power outages in Douglasville this hour as the winds have gotten a bit gusty. Easily can see another 2-3" falling before it wraps up if these bands keep pushing through as the NWS stated.

Reactions: bud006