• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

That outter band on the 18z 3KM NAM is gonna pound us here in SC Midlands. Wouldn't be surprised to see 60+ winds in the heavier ones.

That outter band on the 18z 3KM NAM is gonna pound us here in SC Midlands. Wouldn't be surprised to see 60+ winds in the heavier ones.

Yeah if those winds aren't realized in the large-scale stratiform precipitation, they may be with the isolated-scattered tornadoes that will probably be prevalent in that outer band even up through North & South Carolina

I can't decide if whether it's started raining, just lightly or it's just wind whenever the wind picks up...but as of now, the light rain just keeps dissipating as it tries to hit my area going by radar....gonna be a loooonnnnggggg day tomorrow.

Most of us inland that will be affected by Irma (AL, GA and SC) will get the full force of Irma tomorrow. The winds will increase as the night goes on tonight for us inland.

I don't think there will be many tornadoes in north Georgia. A few can't be ruled out though. Slight chance for tornadoes for southeastern GA and east-central GA.

what would happen if she decided to to the impossible and hook west and get back over the GOM?? just a hypothetical question

The shear and low level vorticity is pretty ridiculous here, even in a stable environment with CAD, this is still a very favorable setup for tornadoes across Georgia (even the northern parts of the state) & the Carolinas because literally any cell that gets going will probably start rotating violently when you have ~500 m2/s2 of SRH & 40-60 knots of bulk shear..

New cone.
214156_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Back