• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

All the little meso's on ref.
IMG_0210.png

I do not recall ever seeing the widespread "draining" action with a tropical system.. Is this due to the overall size of the windfield?
This has been one of the most c amazing things I've seen. I know the science of it, but I don't remember ever seeing this before. Especially in so many locations.

Look at all these rotations geez
IMG_0209.png

Been watching that all day. Some of those are topping out over 50k ft. I know I'm repeating myself but I've never seen curved isolated super cell radar sig's like there are with this thing. I'll be real interested to see how many of the stronger couplets verify. And I don't think we're done. Going to be a scary overnight in SE GA, NE FL. and maybe even into far SE SC. Most of these are strongest over water right now and they tend to weaken as they are brought in closer to the center of the storm. In a few hours we'll see if these things are still developing like this on/over land.

The hurricane guy says he expects the cone to shift East @ 11pm advisory! Saying its on eastern side of 5pm guidance . Have y'all seen the power outage map on TWC we were talking about this morning!? It's "widespread" outages over the WHOLE state of GA and Southwestern 3/4 of SC! Just craziness!

Fwiw
992248758ef5025d7490738b142f6a2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
This things about to be over Orlando! But it's picking up speed, 14mph now, was 6-8mph most of the day!

Back