• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Humberto

Yes it's the first HWRF run, but this is what I want to see. Yes I want rain badly.
hwrf_ref_95L_41.png

The real question is what happens IF it ends up east of Florida, does it sit and spin and wait to get kicked out or does it run N or NNW and hit GA up to NC.....

That scenario also adds a wind/surge component to the mix.....even a strong TS or weak cane sitting off the coast for a few days will pile the water up to the north of the center even if it is well offshore .....Hurricane Dennis stalled offshore of NC a good ways weakened to a TS then slowly drifted ashore but the long fetch of TS force winds helped to make him a top 5 surge event for the Pamlico River basin.

I thought I saw a very broad circulation earlier today but I might've been seeing things, I just had it up for about a minute and couldn't locate one.

But anyway my motive is weak TS/TD to potentially see rain relief though...

THATS WHERE I SEE SOME BROAD CIRCULATION. CAN ANYONE SEE ANYTHING DIFFERENT?? IF SO PLEASE POINT IT OUT.. THESE DISORGANIZED SYSTEMS ARE HARD TO PINPOINT THE "CENTER"
Capture.PNG

Right now the Gulf solution is the most practical. East of Florida solution is possible but ATM it’s wish casting.

There’s been still another significant NE shift of tracks on the 18Z Euro ensemble. Now the mean track is just inland of the FL E coast moving NNW. The mean strength is also significantly stronger than prior runs. Individual members are split between many that go NNW/N over the FL peninsula/GA and now a good number of others offshore in the Atlantic (some later hit Carolinas while others never make landfall). Mean rainfall for the 51 members maxes at a whopping 3-4” over NE FL/far SE GA.

THATS WHERE I SEE SOME BROAD CIRCULATION. CAN ANYONE SEE ANYTHING DIFFERENT?? IF SO PLEASE POINT IT OUT.. THESE DISORGANIZED SYSTEMS ARE HARD TO PINPOINT THE "CENTER"
View attachment 23413
That's possible but bigger key will be to see if that area of convection firing to the east can persist overnight if so any center would likely be relocated into that region

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Right now the Gulf solution is the most practical. East of Florida solution is possible but ATM it’s wish casting.
I don't know how it's wishcasting when there are plenty of ensembles/models showing some variation of that idea. Wishcasting would be saying the ridge is going to be stronger and the storm is going to Houston

I don't know how it's wishcasting when there are plenty of ensembles/models showing some variation of that idea. Wishcasting would be saying the ridge is going to be stronger and the storm is going to Houston

ATM is the key word. Until I see a large shift or even more gradual shifts, and the majority of Globals and or mesoscale models are in good agreement I’m not going out and saying east coast watch. While we are trending in that direction majority of data in in the Gulf. We will just have to wait and see. Wish casting probably wasn’t he best word to use, however I’m not buying the EC data just yet.

Hey this one is going to Houston....does that count? Just kidding...lol

gfs-legacy_mslp_uv850_watl_41.png

ATM is the key word. Until I see a large shift or even more gradual shifts, and the majority of Globals and or mesoscale models are in good agreement I’m not going out and saying east coast watch. While we are trending in that direction majority of data in in the Gulf. We will just have to wait and see. Wish casting probably wasn’t he best word to use, however I’m not buying the EC data just yet.
Heck I don't buy any of it yet....T-2....have no clue until T-2.

Back