• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

My 1st 'cane ... JAX ... (and it came off of Africa and clean across ... Cleo a few days before but she was a TS by the time of arrival) ... yup, they can come west, even after heading in a NW direction ...

Dora_1964_track.png

You think I had learned my lesson by now.... quit trying to predict how a model run will finish

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Haha but that's half the fun. Just like I think the Euro will push Flo W or WSW from 168-216 and kick up forward speed. It may be near the SE shortly after 216 turning back wnw or nw let's see what we get

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha but that's half the fun. Just like I think the Euro will push Flo W or WSW from 168-216 and kick up forward speed. It may be near the SE shortly after 216 turning back wnw or nw let's see what we get

Yup, hr216 says this would be a lock for landfall. With the next ones lining up behind Flo. Sheesh this could be a historic next few weeks.

And this is nothing but trouble....

ecmwf_z500_mslp_atl_10.png

Yup, hr216 says this would be a lock for landfall. With the next ones lining up behind Flo. Sheesh this could be a historic next few weeks.
I really think future Helene has a lot of potential to be a long tracker it'll probably be south and weaker so it should miss the troughs. Isaac after that may be a quick exit stage right as the trough that may or may not pick up florence digs in

Dude you nailed it and a heckuva track if it verifies

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A 1000 dislikes to the Euro. I thought for sure that was going to get caught up in the trough and go ots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this would make it only the 2nd TC on record since 1851 to be as far north as 17.5N at 35W and make it to the CONUS. The only one on record to do so is last year's Irma. No TC north of 18N when at 35W has made it across.

And this would make it only the 2nd TC on record since 1851 to be as far north as 17.5N at 35W and make it to the CONUS. The only one on record to do so is last year's Irma. No TC north of 18N when at 35W has made it across.

Euro just modeled it to 30/60 and then due west. I would imagine there isn’t a TS that was north of 30N prior to 60W that hit the conus. I thought maybe if it ended up south of 25/60 it could have a chance.

Back