• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

:eek:
If you want staying power in March , a sleet storm is the ticket. NW Tennessee had 6 to 8 inches in March of 2014. Ground temps and sun angle be damned. It shut everything down for a week. Interstate was 100% covered 3 days later. I can only imagine if it had been snow. Do the math. :eek:
It most likely would have melted much quicker if it had been all snow. Sleet has amazing staying power.

Edit: don’t know why I posted this since you basically just said this. Wasn’t paying attention I guess.

:eek:
If you want staying power in March , a sleet storm is the ticket. NW Tennessee had 6 to 8 inches in March of 2014. Ground temps and sun angle be damned. It shut everything down for a week. Interstate was 100% covered 3 days later. I can only imagine if it had been snow. Do the math. :eek:
An inch of sleet has about the staying power of 3 inches of traditional snow.

Actually ends up being a 2 contour ULL...wild solution but this period is chaotic and unusual systems are to be expected.

2fda5c1e018b3b49aff07c88c30dd9fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next s/w in the medium range that'll deliver another round of severe weather to the Arklatex in the middle of next week and possibly other areas in the day or two thereafter should serve as a nice prelude of what's to come over the following week or so. The next few waves that crash into the west coast of the US will almost assuredly become suppressed underneath the massive blocking high over Greenland and eastern Canada as they near the MS river and eastern seaboard.
ecmwf_z500aNorm_eus_8.png

ecmwf_T850_eus_7.png

No human input, but do ya think ??? ...

814temp.new.gif

Pretty to look at on an 85º afternoon, anyways ... :cool:

Back