• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

I really don’t think anyone here is getting their hopes up for a snowy March. I’d say 99 percent of the people on here know not to get thier hopes up as they would for say January and February. The only reason someone would get fooled by a clown map is if they were extremely new to weather and just recently moved to the southeast. I want to add that I appreciate and enjoy all the posters on this site weather extremely knowledgeable like Webb, Jon and Larry, or less knowledgeable like myself who just enjoy talking and posting about weather. Although I’m not getting my hopes up for snow, I am getting excited for some cooler weather as I’ve smashed another record high today. The record was 70 and I’m at 75 right now. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

I really don’t think anyone here is getting their hopes up for a snowy March. I’d say 99 percent of the people on here know not to get thier hopes up as they would for say January and February. The only reason someone would get fooled by a clown map is if they were extremely new to weather and just recently moved to the southeast. I want to add that I appreciate and enjoy all the posters on this site weather extremely knowledgeable like Webb, Jon and Larry, or less knowledgeable like myself who just enjoy talking and posting about weather. Although I’m not getting my hopes up for snow, I am getting excited for some cooler weather as I’ve smashed another record high today. The record was 70 and I’m at 75 right now. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
That deserves a beverage of your choice, on my tab ... ;)

A4186C6F-7378-4686-A1EF-84F3FEF272D8.png For Rain Cold and Brickalicious, a little nugget from B Rad!

Open missive.
I’m not a Mod and know less about weather than probably anyone here. So, this comes with little weight.
But, I do know what’s enjoyable and what’s not.
Bitching isn’t.
It’s weather, after all … Differences of opinion and methodology are expected.
Please comment on and attack either, but not the person proffering.
Please …

View attachment 4184 For Rain Cold and Brickalicious, a little nugget from B Rad!

Yeah, this happened after the torch Feb 1927...
Soil temps really cut in on the totals. Lol

9c65d19c6d9cda59a9d4e79b40cfaed2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

599EA708-19DB-4272-AA9D-688CC41CD9EF.png @ GaWx , getting closer to that impossible-5 on the models!

Can you imagine if soil temps hadnt been so warm ? Probably would have been 5 feet of snow !

For giggles, it would be nice to see what a WRF radar simulation looked like w/ this storm because as you can imagine following what was (& in some parts of the state still is) the warmest February on record how hard it had to be snowing to accumulate much less to reach 2-2.5 feet as it did in parts of the NWS RAH CWA domain. Virtually guaranteed blizzard-like conditions w/ hours upon hours upon hours of unbelievably heavy thundersnow. The storm didn't last particularly long so I'm willing to bet the hourly rates reached/exceeded 4-6" per hour in many spots for an appreciable duration during the storm and were comparable to "Nemo" in February 2013 in southern CT. The average snow depth in the climate divisions east of the mountains was 15", unmatched by any storm since at least the mid 19th century or longer, just unreal...

View attachment 4185 @ GaWx , getting closer to that impossible-5 on the models!
I just really don’t know how to properly take in one of the most impressive -NAOs on record and it’s amazing ability to usher in near normal temps and partly sunny skies. Man!

:eek:

If you want staying power in March , a sleet storm is the ticket. NW Tennessee had 6 to 8 inches in March of 2014. Ground temps and sun angle be damned. It shut everything down for a week. Interstate was 100% covered 3 days later. I can only imagine if it had been snow. Do the math. :eek:

Back