Pattern Magnificent March

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
The way I see things at this moment..... We have one more shot before climo would argue against it. I feel pretty confident that snow will fall outside the mountains before winter comes to a close. Where and when is not that clear at the moment. Bottom line is that winter has not ended yet, especially here in western NC.

Reactions: MBell and Kylo
The first half of March looks to be setting up multiple chances of Winter weather from about I-20, North.

This isn't anything peculiar, as even Columbia, SC and surrounding Midlands recorded measurable snowfall just last March as late as the 12th.

Reactions: MBell
image.png that's a massive block. We're going to have a shot at something. Could end up being a cold rain but it's been a while since we squeaked out a marginal paste bomb and I would say we're due. Hr 288 but this extreme -NAO has been showing up run after run

The first half of March looks to be setting up multiple chances of Winter weather from about I-20, North.

This isn't anything peculiar, as even Columbia, SC and surrounding Midlands recorded measurable snowfall just last March as late as the 12th.
Did you mean I-80?

Nice paste bomb on the Euro control...only a matter of time before models have fantasy storms, then you’ll see about 100 posts in an hour here lol
e80dc36b71046ab314cd6ccc4766b098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the winter of '83 I think, maybe '84, I remember a very strong cold front and and storm system that came through and there were tornado watches out, although I don't recall there being any tornadoes, and just an hour behind the frontal passage it was snowing. I know that happened through parts of Georgia and the Upstate of SC. It was kinda nerve racking on the thunderstorm side of it. I remember when I heard that it was snowing in Athens, I thought.....thank God, we'll be on the cold side soon, and sure enough, within an hour we were getting snow.

Reactions: Tarheel1