• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

There was a massive snowstorm right before New Years in December 1880 that dropped 11" of snow in the Charlotte metro area, unfortunately there aren't many records for other cities like Columbia, and Raleigh but the snowfall distribution probably didn't look all that dissimilar from January 1988.
In addition to the 11" snowstorm(which was accompanied by record breaking cold) on December 29, 1880, Charlotte received 4" of snow on Christmas Day 1880. There was also a Christmas Eve/Christmas Day snowstorm in the Southeast in 1876.

Not seeing the wetter / “ cooler” pattern showing up later next week!?
I'll take my chances with 2+ pwats and highs 90-95. Above normal precip chances should be the norm as the mountain convection, lee trough and sea breeze will all be active. These may be supplemented by a stalled front nearby and any mcv/shortwave/shear axis is the increasingly west flow aloft which would produce widespread storm coverage. If you think the models are going to pinpoint those features 5-7 days out you are asking too much, hell they struggle 12 hours out. So painting a general slightly above 20% climo pop at this range is a good call. The pattern as a whole isn't a slam dunk like the last wet period but could be just as beneficial

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mcs development across Michigan tonight and tomorrow could be a big player across NC on Sunday as the mcv would be directed into the state during peak heating Sunday.

I'll take my chances with 2+ pwats and highs 90-95. Above normal precip chances should be the norm as the mountain convection, lee trough and sea breeze will all be active. These may be supplemented by a stalled front nearby and any mcv/shortwave/shear axis is the increasingly west flow aloft which would produce widespread storm coverage. If you think the models are going to pinpoint those features 5-7 days out you are asking too much, hell they struggle 12 hours out. So painting a general slightly above 20% climo pop at this range is a good call. The pattern as a whole isn't a slam dunk like the last wet period but could be just as beneficial

I agree. But you may benefit from the MCS’s, we get them about as regularly as we get clippers to produce down here! I’m worried about the down sloping causing abnormal heat and dryness, affecting my area specifically.

The forecast lows in the mid 70s all next week make me want to throw up. Sorry for the bad image....

Just to go ahead and kick everyone in the gut, it's still officially spring lol. The 95/70 days are right on time as we approach the summer solistice this week. My yard looks like those ones out west. Its baked and want recover till we get into September the way the forecast is looking. Corn is twisting but atleast Brick is happy, since he voodoos the rain.

Reactions: SD
Just to go ahead and kick everyone in the gut, it's still officially spring lol. The 95/70 days are right on time as we approach the summer solistice this week. My yard looks like those ones out west. Its baked and want recover till we get into September the way the forecast is looking. Corn is twisting but atleast Brick is happy, since he voodoos the rain.
No rain unless its snow

So is this going to be the pattern all the way through September, without any short breaks? Usually we get a brief respite a time or two at some point during the summer. I realize cool fronts are not common here in the summer, but we usually don't just go all three months through without taking a short break or two from the humidity.

Definitely warm today, hit 91F...

BD86F0F9-FCA2-49E2-BC4E-767FB5BEFB04.png Please, please, please!!!!

The bottom fell out here. Nice soaking rainstorm. Very electrical #Win

It was a major whiff to the north then all of the sudden it expanded right on top of me

Major WHIFF incoming!
I really wanted the quarter sized hail! Knew it was like catching a fart in the wind! Quarter sized hail downtown, drizzle here! It’s eerily similar to winter threats around here! Atleast temp dropped to 80

Just dumped on over the last 15-20 minutes. Looks like a monsoon outside.

I'm finding it interesting how these storms are moving today, they all seem to be moving differently.

Back