• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 29-July 2 Heat Wave

At least my local nws office is more bullish on storms today for me. They almost speak in certainties that this time its gonna happen. Will be needed to cool us down

The 3k and Hrr looks pretty good, more so for your area. Looks like another disturbance moving through west to east. Should have some good CAPE to work with.

Yeah give me 101 with NW flow and low dews any day over this crap....heat index pushing 90 before 8am...

81°F
27°C
Humidity94%
Wind SpeedCalm
Barometer29.97 in
Dewpoint79°F (26°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Heat Index89°F (32°C)
Last update3 Jul 7:45 am EDT
? Yeah that's horrible.

What's with these crazy high dews? It took a landfalling hurricane to get dews like these in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with these crazy high dews? It took a landfalling hurricane to get dews like these in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All you need is a nice fetch of wind off the Gulf of Mexico for a few days and high temps. You don't need a tropical system. We are just a stones throw away from the sub-tropics. Very typical of summer, if you ask me. Happens every year. We have a nice Bermuda high setting up, lots of cape, 30% chance of afternoon thunderstorms every day...very, very typical. What we don't want is a ridge to center itself right over MS and drive dry air into our region for days... Your dry air is out west and you want it to stay out there. Come September, we will get some lower dew points as the troughs start to penetrate deeper into the southeast US. Until then, enjoy your swamp ass weather!

Back