• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 29-July 2 Heat Wave

81/81 heat index 91 already at 845am

I think that is a bit erroneous as the reports all around are around 77 including this one.

de51cb7a73918668eeb65ba8ff8265a3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is a bit erroneous as the reports all around are around 77 including this one.

de51cb7a73918668eeb65ba8ff8265a3.png

That’s a satellite estimate is it not … weather channel doesn’t use any actual stations

The front made just enough progress to drop dewpoints in the far W/NW Triangle and the Triad into the mid 60s with a little downsloping flow.

Yeah dews dropped to 70 here. Those 5 degrees made a huge difference.

All you need is a nice fetch of wind off the Gulf of Mexico for a few days and high temps. You don't need a tropical system. We are just a stones throw away from the sub-tropics. Very typical of summer, if you ask me. Happens every year. We have a nice Bermuda high setting up, lots of cape, 30% chance of afternoon thunderstorms every day...very, very typical. What we don't want is a ridge to center itself right over MS and drive dry air into our region for days... Your dry air is out west and you want it to stay out there. Come September, we will get some lower dew points as the troughs start to penetrate deeper into the southeast US. Until then, enjoy your swamp ass weather!

Above normal SSTs are keeping them a few degrees higher.

All you need is a nice fetch of wind off the Gulf of Mexico for a few days and high temps. You don't need a tropical system. We are just a stones throw away from the sub-tropics. Very typical of summer, if you ask me. Happens every year. We have a nice Bermuda high setting up, lots of cape, 30% chance of afternoon thunderstorms every day...very, very typical. What we don't want is a ridge to center itself right over MS and drive dry air into our region for days... Your dry air is out west and you want it to stay out there. Come September, we will get some lower dew points as the troughs start to penetrate deeper into the southeast US. Until then, enjoy your swamp ass weather!
I think you meant a stone throws away from the tropics. We are all in the subtropics.

Back