• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

We've been getting a very heavy thunderstorm here for the last 1/2 hour or so. Street flooding a near certainty. Easily 1+ so far. Per my memory, this is at least the 2nd heaviest storm of the month here so far.

Update: We ended up with at least 1.5", which would at least tie it for the heaviest of the month so far, and it occurred within about an hour. I'll check my gauge later. I got confirmation that streets were a mess.

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I didn't say I think tomorrow has a good chance of being a let down around here. The setup as a whole should favor a band of storms moving nw to se across the state. But I am very worried that subsidence behind a wave over SC along with a lot of debris clouds in the morning may cutback on instability

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd be lying if I didn't say I think tomorrow has a good chance of being a let down around here. The setup as a whole should favor a band of storms moving nw to se across the state. But I am very worried that subsidence behind a wave over SC along with a lot of debris clouds in the morning may cutback on instability

Sorry about tomorrow, but you're looking pretty good going down the road ...

610prcp.new.gif

814prcp.new.gif

... at least, here's hoping so ...
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kinda wish I was in Central TX right now. Sure temps are 100+ but those dewpoints in the 40s sounds very refreshing. I would much rather have a temp of 100 with dp near 50 than temps in the 80s and dp in the 70s.

Sorry about tomorrow, but you're looking pretty good going down the road ...

View attachment 5446

View attachment 5447

... at least, here's hoping so ...
:rolleyes:
The pattern for the next 2 weeks certainly favors decent rain chances here. I'd like to pile up as much as possible. I have my thoughts that our old heat ridge friend makes an appearance in August

Kinda wish I was in Central TX right now. Sure temps are 100+ but those dewpoints in the 40s sounds very refreshing. I would much rather have a temp of 100 with dp near 50 than temps in the 80s and dp in the 70s.
Plus you wouldn't have to deal with lightning literally EVERY time you get ready to go for a swim. I'm getting sick of it lightning every time I go to the pool... EVERY time

The pattern for the next 2 weeks certainly favors decent rain chances here. I'd like to pile up as much as possible. I have my thoughts that our old heat ridge friend makes an appearance in August

Probably so, and if it does, have some questions on tropics ...

Unreal, we’re getting a second very heavy thunderstorm here just a few hours after one that put down 1.5-2”! Street flooding is liable to be really bad with this one when considering the leftover puddles from the prior one.

I have a client in Monroe, NC(SE of Charlotte) who has not had any rainfall(aside from some sprinkles) since June 28. I was there today and the landscape looked quite bleak with wilted foliage and burnt grass.

As usual this summer, getting a good rain tonight. Hearing we might get some drier air in mid week. We need it! These dewpoints of 75 are horrid!

Poor Brent
8b688de7604e55a5d89d2d08f5f94117.jpg

glad I left that state many many years ago... and no, Southeast Ridgey... 40 degree dewpoints don't make that ---- bearable, lol

Back