• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Any "cold" for the remainder of this month will be (looks to be) transient at best ...
For example ...
View attachment 3350

View attachment 3352
View attachment 3354
View attachment 3355
Time things right and any cold will work :) Just need to push some rain into that cad late week, like Goofy had a few days ago, when it was suppressed. Chances galore, but requires timing on the players entrances. At least the cad is hanging around the stage door waiting on Miss Moisture, lol.

Time things right and any cold will work :) Just need to push some rain into that cad late week, like Goofy had a few days ago, when it was suppressed. Chances galore, but requires timing on the players entrances. At least the cad is hanging around the stage door waiting on Miss Moisture, lol.
Tony,
I love cold; despise heat. Probably more than most. But, gotta call 'em as they appear.
But maybe I'm just in the brown acid recovery tent ... :confused:
And Cad does little outside of Cad areas ... :eek:
LOL
Best!
Phil

The firestorm upon impact will warm the ground, so any subsequent snow fall will melt at first, and cut totals :)
NASA says "Zero chance of impact within the next 100 years" so for now our snow totals will just have to be cut by a good ol' fashion warm nose

I'm severely starting to become concerned that this developing drought is going to wreck havoc with temperatures over the upcoming summer. Outside of a 50 percent chance of showers Monday night, the rest of the week looks dry for me.

image.png
I'm severely starting to become concerned that this developing drought is going to wreck havoc with temperatures over the upcoming summer. Outside of a 50 percent chance of showers Monday night, the rest of the week looks dry for me.
12z GFS should ease your concerns. Maybe need to be more concerned about flash flooding at some point if this is even close to being correct

Can’t see the hemispheric pattern on the Euro EPS but has EPO diving negative into February.
ecmwf_eps_epo_2018012012.png

Interesting to date departure from normal temp wise for my area ANB from BMX

[TEMPERATURE DATA]

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 35.5
DPTR FM NORMAL: -7.5
HIGHEST: 71 ON 11
LOWEST: 9 ON 17

[NO. OF DAYS WITH]

MAX 32 OR BELOW: 3
MAX 90 OR ABOVE: 0
MIN 32 OR BELOW: 14
MIN 0 OR BELOW: 0

[HDD (BASE 65) ]

TOTAL THIS MO. 522
DPTR FM NORMAL 104
TOTAL FM JUL 1 1593
DPTR FM NORMAL 73

Larry,
Looks like you/we nailed it - was 28º shortly before daybreak!
Phil

The "Great Radiator" rarely disappoints. So, radiation allowed a 34 F drop, which isn't unusual under these conditions. Note also that even though the DP rose to 30 last evening, the eventual low was 2 colder and the DP fell back to 26 allowing for the 28 low.

I saw that today's high was only 1 warmer than yesterday. Beautiful day there and here today. I'm sure I would have been at Memorial Park if I had been there. But I had a great walk here with this great wx.

The "Great Radiator" rarely disappoints. So, radiation allowed a 34 F drop, which isn't unusual under these conditions. Note also that even though the DP rose to 30 last evening, the eventual low was 2 colder and the DP fell back to 26 allowing for the 28 low.

I saw that today's high was only 1 warmer than yesterday. Beautiful day there and here today. I'm sure I would have been at Memorial Park if I had been there. But I had a great walk here with this great wx.
Ditto on all scores! :cool:

Back