• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Feb.
26995091_1954217774844233_454171142_n.jpg

JC, are you still in Marietta or did you move? The Smoky Mountains are to your NE. To your NW is the remaining Appalachian Mtns. that run through NE Alabama and you have a lot of valleys and a few mountains to your North. You are not downsloping in Marietta with a N/NW flow but it is, in general, a dry flow.

Hey sorry, I guess I should have clarified. I was referring to the midlands of South Carolina. You are definitely right about here, nothing impedes the cold air, actually this area sits on a ridge which causes some minor upsloping.

500mb sucks for whatever you guys were trying to look at next week. Even IF there were a more robust wave coming out of the Southern Stream and you got a stronger low in the Gulf, temperatures suck for almost everyone.

Folks, Gainesville, FL, has plunged to 28 at 10 PM!

Edit: Dewpoint holding at 23. I earlier predicted a low of 19-20. Let's see if the dewpoint later falls with the temp. I've seen that happen there on several occasions when radiation is strong and am obviously expecting that.

The low at Gainesville ended up being a not too shabby 23, which was near the NWS prediction but warmer than my 19-20 prediction though the dewpoint did drop from 23 to 21. I was surprised that this morning's low was 2 warmer than yesterday's 21 despite near ideal radiational cooling as they often have their coldest on the 2nd night due to radiation.

This is a mess (temps not even close for anyone through the period.)

ecmwf_tprecip_se_41.png

Here’s to a ferocious February! Looks like the remainder of the month will feature pleasant temperatures for the most part! Not too warm and not too cold.

Besides I think most of us need a break from winter for a week or two lol. It’s been grueling tracking all these systems and keeping up with all the posts! This forum is a gold mine!

Props to the staff and administration! The forum operated fairly smoothly even during peak traffic times and it was clear it had to be record traffic? Yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back