• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Thanks Alot!!
I was talking about members... Maybe you CAN,T Read!! Thanks 1300M thats all I been asking!!
Members are on here somewhere already. Relax, just see you asking a lot of the same question and letting you know that everything you need to know for the most part gets posted by everyone else. Wasn’t trying to be rude.

Concur. Asking that question after every run is annoying. If you can halfway follow the conversation and extrapolate the maps/model runs, then really no reason to constantly ask that question over and over.
I wasn't asking you... This is a Forum where we should all be able questions.. I am a proud supporter of this site.. and enjoy hearing information from the People on here if you don't have an answer to my question just don't respond!!

For sure not looking for a big hit out of this setup. But I'll sure as hell take an inch with temps in the 20s

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I think the possibility is there 2-4" if we can have this continue to trend away from being a straight clipper.

I don't agree. A NW trend is likely with the system IMO. Now you may be right about a squash, but it will probably be a squashed NW trend.
What's the catalyst for a NW trend ??? The Pacific is driving the pattern , it's extremely progressive . The typical NW trend worry is far less in this setup . I'm far more worried about squash city

What's the catalyst for a NW trend ??? The Pacific is driving the pattern , it's extremely progressive . The typical NW trend worry is far less in this setup . I'm far more worried about squash city
Yeah, the only ones really worried about a NW trend right now are the MA and NE states with the coastal.

Like @Storm5 said, I suggest you guys keep a look out on the precipitable water maps from the GFS and other modeling at "pivotal weather". (the ones on tropical tidbits wont show much, as they are anomaly maps). The drier they get, the less chance of appreciable moisture breaking out for all areas.

If they continue to show wetter, that's a good thing!

I agree this is not a clipper at this point. Yes origins are around there but it's a piece that pretty much or almost become detached from the main trof. Oh btw, I hope this isn't rude, but since when is the potential for 2-3" of snow NOT a big deal??

I agree this is not a clipper at this point. Yes origins are around there but it's a piece that pretty much or almost become detached from the main trof. Oh btw, I hope this isn't rude, but since when is the potential for 2-3" of snow NOT a big deal??
This

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I'm happy to even see half an inch showing up through here; and am noticing the GEFS going a bit wetter each run. Ensemble support isn't horrible, and while it may be unlikely to see a "big one" from this; there are a lot of things that can go in a lot of our favors to see a notable event.

If we can get around 0.25 QPF +, I call that a great thing, as the 2-3 inch snows will likely happen.

Right, 2-3" is Winter Storm Warning criteria around these parts.

Back