• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

this won't work our area needs to be further to the west . could work for the carolinas. but I'm not feeling this one at all.
c8711d28437d886e177dd642a09f6467.jpg

it's the next one that has my interest . you can see the energy in the PNW in the above image

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hot damn that's some healthy energy diving down through Washington state , this should be a fun run
fcce44158b2cee9dabb30e7a2212d245.jpg

If the clipper and gulf system that's going to be suppressed can sync up a bit more it might be okay for Tennessee-North Carolina/Northern SC. Not one that's going to do it anywhere else though.

And by okay, I mean a lite event.

Edit: Especially Virginia.

GFS: What day 8-10 system? (so far at least)

If there was one though what I'm seeing on upper dynamics would probably make it not work. It's a flat flow so I'm not sure that'd it dig.

I hate the pacific . it's screwing us

That run suck.. lol that pacific trough cuts and I guess flattens the ridge out west... is that the reason why the piece in the southern stream over Mexico cuts off and never kicks east indirectly?

That run suck.. lol that pacific trough cuts and I guess flattens the ridge out west... is that the reason why the piece in the southern stream over Mexico cuts off and never kicks east indirectly?
Not having a block is a problem. We are likely waiting until Feb for the most part.

Reliance on a total phase in the right spot and time for us is not going to pan out.

If you're talking about the first system, the northern stream is crushing it.

And it's pretty clear right now that some monster system out of Canada is going to roll the eastern trough away after a quick period with it, we don't go back to a western trough but we go to a flat flow.

Something finally starts developing late in the 8-10 day period but it's weaker than what we've seen on previous runs with meh temps=meh. Unless we can get something timed up right before a moderation period, this isn't going to work.

Something finally starts developing late in the 8-10 day period but it's weaker than what we've seen on previous runs with meh temps=meh. Unless we can get something timed up right before a moderation period, this isn't going to work.
it's the best option over the next 10 days . we will see what the ensembles look like

Blocking is key for a true Southern threat. No, we don't quite need a true -NAO or anything.. but something to slow the Northern Branch down and anchor something in place to allow Southern energy to cut underneath.

Jan is kaput for many.

If you're talking about the first system, the northern stream is crushing it.

And it's pretty clear right now that some monster system out of Canada is going to roll the eastern trough away after a quick period with it, we don't go back to a western trough but we go to a flat flow.
Suppression depression... lol

damn that's a fairly cold pattern on the gfs with a brief day or two " warmup" here and there. I'll take that run all day . plenty of energy , plenty of cold, plenty of opportunity

And, that something phases with a disturbance coming out of the pacific and ends up cutting. That's not surprising though, this flow is too flat so there is nothing keeping this system from going way north, maybe if it's about a day earlier and with a just a slightly sharper ridge, it's a good upper south event. This time though waited too long.

At the very least this system is going to end up interesting those in the northeast/mid atlantic.

Back