Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
well ok then
f6d8c67ed49ef85adaab505f1585209c.jpg
2d861239fa450194d306a481456377e3.jpg

6fe8f37109c946debffb7bd46c62f103.jpg
f0835b9c460ad03e5a8bca0774d375c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you slow that kicker down on the GFS you have yourself something. Right now the lack of a good block out front and too much progression in the west aren't really allowing things to get going

Baby steps. It's going to be a couple more days before we know if there's a chance. Waiting on a phase is not for the faint of heart!

I actually think the GFS has been trending this way lately outside of one run. It's missing that phase ultimately but its trending toward more and more interaction between that clipper and the GOM shortwave. It might produce a lite event if it has legs (staying conservative).

I actually think the GFS has been trending this way lately outside of one run. It's missing that phase ultimately but its trending toward more and more interaction between that clipper and the GOM shortwave. It might produce a lite event if it has legs (staying conservative).
Well, the s/w has been trending further southwest and sharper.
gfs_z500aNorm_us_fh144_trend.thumb.gif.60cd09f8df7cdc3bb269f2cc501bce25.gif

The GFS is about to show something in the 8-10 day period but with a progressive flow, I'm not sure it even shows a good upper south event.

Or it's not about to.

Yep. Packbacker posted this on the other board which shows it trending for at least a light event for us. Either way a surprise light event would still be good considering the other day I thought it might take until the 2nd week of February to see any snow.

GFS_loop.gif

Really would love to see the GOM moisture creep up little more like it has been, to supply more for our clipper. Very good run on that time frme, ready for other models to see if they agree.