• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

b12f3302f4ed21855562c1b8c293791b.jpg

776ccdcef2952c998cdfced75795a1cb.gif

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The idea that we've just started talking about has our most likely path to a winter storm. Try to sneak a system in right before moderation really takes place.

b12f3302f4ed21855562c1b8c293791b.jpg

776ccdcef2952c998cdfced75795a1cb.gif

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
18z GEFS says to hell with the suppressed system around day 6 , ride days 8-10. So really good looks . I'm actually getting very interested in days 7-10

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The 18z GFS has the shield of moisture further north than 12z GFS and it's colder. This trend may continue or it may not. Just depends on the ridgeing and the vorticity.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Many trees have leaves growing back around here. I hate to see them die. I have never seen this in Jan before. Is it rare?

Many trees have leaves growing back around here. I hate to see them die. I have never seen this in Jan before. Is it rare?

I haven't seen leaves or flowers blooming but I am seeing buds and this is not good considering that we're pretty much for sure going to see some more days dip to freezing or below as a low temp.

12z Euro EPS, 500mb vorticity...yup, grab a big tub of popcorn and just sit back.
7d16a1395a73d8942ba616a1844d0b17.jpg

5da3ad0145c00d258eb9a6bf7ef09082.jpg

d60a9d2e8832f5bb2c7e9d288c815b3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen leaves or flowers blooming but I am seeing buds and this is not good considering that we're pretty much for sure going to see some more days dip to freezing or below as a low temp.

My tree has leaves. I looked at it really good and inspected it. They were buds....but have been upgraded to leafs. Red ones. It's really pretty cool.

My tree has leaves. I looked at it really good and inspected it. They were buds....but have been upgraded to leafs. Red ones. It's really pretty cool.
Yeah I even saw some buds up this way which is incredibly rare and something I've never seen earlier then the beginning of March in the 10 years I've lived here. No way in heck they survive up here through the rest of winter.

Yeah I even saw some buds up this way which is incredibly rare and something I've never seen earlier then the beginning of March in the 10 years I've lived here. No way in heck they survive up here through the rest of winter.
Plants are pretty tough, think the buds will be just fine and will open at the proper time ! Wouldn't hurt to get some snowcover to protect the buds from the dangerous cold that February will bring! Now is also a good time to check your trees for worms

Well it was fun getting a little dose of severe weather tracking in over the last week or so. Pleased to see winter may be getting ready to make its way back. Lets reel another one in!!

Not particularly. Trees and bushes in Ga. especially, never take winter as seriously as they should. It warms up, they bud, then Wham, here comes the hammer. I don't feel sorry for them, because it happens over and over... you'd think they'd figure it out, but they don't. Plants and trees are pretty dumb when it comes to weather...creatures of habit, lol. It used to happen to peach trees all the time back when we had peach trees...but they all moved away, it seems :) I think they moved south..down around Gainesville, lol. T

Back