• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 6th-7th Potential Storm

FAILBOAT here as well, and I'm under a winter storm warning for up to quarter inch of ice. lol 32.1
I was surprised at the WSW. I just had .1 on my point and click. I am sure higher elevations are worse off, like Bent Mountain near me. I went out and while cars have a glaze, there is nothing on pavement even in the coldest spots.

Just a reality check here. Not all CADS overperform. Yet in the very near future, this non event will be forgotten and the “all CADS overperform” weenies will be out in full force. FWIW, I loved the last frame of the GFS.
TW
Well considering if you have 10 CAD events typically 7-8 will over perform. That’s just a reality. CADs have notoriously overperformed way more often than not so this isn’t really the gotcha you think it is

How much ice did you see up there (if any)? I’m guessing maybe a minor glaze on elevated surfaces ?
The only ice at my house was on brick steps, but I took a ride up the road 4 miles north of my house there was a "minor" glaze on the trees and powerlines.

The only ice at my house was on brick steps, but I took a ride up the road 4 miles north of my house there was a "minor" glaze on the trees and powerlines.

c58e0cd401d5c8e7a9a81e8d7c5d5462.jpg

lol. Here’s what I found 4 miles away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a snow/sleet/rain mix up at Boone:

Ole Bastardi's backyard is getting clobbered with snow. He will be swinging from the tree tops and giddy as all get out now.

Back