• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations January 3-6th. 2018 Winter Storm Observations

Not too bad for Gulf, NC. I was forecasted for hardly anything. (Photo taken an hour ago)

APgSLls.jpg
ENDHYJY.jpg

Damn, @Stormsfury far enough inland to be predominantly snow!

Hope CHS proper, can rival 1989. Myrtle Beach might not get their foot + though :(

Damn, @Stormsfury far enough inland to be predominantly snow!

Hope CHS proper, can rival 1989. Myrtle Beach might not get their foot + though :(

It got damn close man. Missed it by 0.7" at the airport for a one day total. Charleston KCHS officially reported 5.3" (daily record smashed - previous was a trace in 2002)
Also likely broke the most snow in a 24 hour period in January, plus I think the previous highest monthly total in January was 1.9" shattering that.

3rd greatest 24 hour calendar day snowfall.

6.0" (12/23/89) - all day event.
5.4" (2/10/73)
5.3" (1/3/17) - airport got most of this in 2 Hours! Snowfall predominately in a 5 hour span!

Final video on the epic snowstorm I took today.

Anyone got pointers on how to post pictures? I can upload images but cant get them to post.

You have to use and image hosting service. Upload image will take you to postimage just upload there when it is finished, scroll down to find forum url to copy and then post image thru here with that link

Got a nice dusting here in Chatham. Glad it got this far west, as I didn't think it would make it.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use "Post-Image" to post pics. I even signed up for it. Oh well.

Summary of storm at my location: I had freezing rain for like 4 hours (that started 6:15 AM) and then hour+ of sleet. Then went back and forth between sleet and snow. Then finally all snow about 12:30. Total accumulation about 1.5" of sleet and snow plus close to 0.25" ZR. This was easily the biggest winter storm here since 12/1989. After it was finished, I took a very enjoyable walk and really soaked this in as who knows how many years it will be before the next one like this.

Back