• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations January 3-6th. 2018 Winter Storm Observations

Moderate snow near McEntire Air Base. Sticking a little bit. Every thing changed once I got of Columbia and into the Lower Richland area.

Sun is out in columbia

Bask in it. :)

I was reading some stuff on Twitter, and although I hoped it'd happen, it's rather funny to see the dude with egg on his face. He continued to call for accumulating snow in Columbia in the face of it clearly being a "no go." Once, he was called out on it after it was clear that wasn't gonna be the case.... Knowing he was defeated, he resorted to lying and said (paraphrased), "He was in Eastern North Carolina for work, so he'll see a good bit (of snow)." Haha!

He's since deleted that portion of his his tweet and several others throughout the day.

Moderate snow near McEntire Air Base. Sticking a little bit. Every thing changed once I got of Columbia and into the Lower Richland area.

I saw some video there in Lower Richland area in between Hopkins and Sumter, and there was a moderate snow.

This storm almost reminds me of February 2004. Snow to my west, north, northwest, and northeast. Today, it's snow to (of all places) my southeast, east, and even slightly northeast.

Was in Lyons GA this morning, they had a dusting when I left and w0, and ended up with about an inch from what I'm told.... I traveled to Soperton, Ga, about 20 miles away, and all they had were flurries for about an hour with 0 accumulation!

This event is pretty much over around here unless this is just a lull.
2801dacd4fdcb82eb9fdfd6a952f4157.jpg

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

That was nice while it lasted, sun's shining brightly now. This really could have big for us with less dry air and a further west precip shield. Congrats to the Eastern Carolinas, some great stuff in Sumter and of course on the coast.

Well, a few flakes falling here in Randolph County. I didn’t expect to see anything this far NW. since every flake is sticking, I’m calling it a light dusting!

Back