• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations January 3-6th. 2018 Winter Storm Observations

29/8 and cloudy but dry as far as I know.

Really not sure what is going to happen. Got put under a WWA but this big of a difference won't cut it without heavier returns coming over me. Would like to see 29/15 at the most for a chance.

29/8 and cloudy but dry as far as I know.

Really not sure what is going to happen. Got put under a WWA but this big of a difference won't cut it without heavier returns coming over me. Would like to see 29/15 at the most for a chance.
Keep us updated for sure in your area. Whatever is hitting you will likely get to us.

Dropped 2 degrees in downtown waycross to 29 in last 10 minutes when sleet changed to all snow coming down good roads whitening up quickly maybe can pull out a quick 1.5

Keep us updated for sure in your area. Whatever is hitting you will likely get to us.

The funny thing is, the 0z NAM seems like it was right to have that band. As there is definitely a band that's formed. But it's too dry to hit the ground right now.

Can see the virga falling! I'll call this a win! Hits a wall at I 85, but awesome day out! 28 thick low clouds w/ virga!

Switched back to all sleet in downtown waycross. back up to 30 mother nature make up your mind you are such a tease

If they manage to survive getting over to this side of the county, some of the best returns I likely will get at all will come over me soon.

We'll see if anything amounts to it and if not, good luck to Larry and others near the coast!

usa_None_anim.gif

Radar returns on the coast are beautiful. It's a perfect storm for those guys. Can't draw it up any better

Just in time to avoid lots of outages, the ZR just switched to mainly sleet and it is of a pretty good intensity! The sleet switched to snow recently in the western part of the county! Back down to 29.5.
Glad you dodged that bullet, tho what you have in the trees will stay there a while, and the winds will blow. Good luck, Larry! Sunny here, and 34. Was cloudy with virga earlier, now partly cloudy. T

Back