• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 3-4 2024 System

I would stayed glued to the window if I was around Atlanta, the snow line isn't far above the surface and should crash down pretty quick with some heavier precip.
Now we just need the heavier precip. ? All the mixed precip reports have been on the NW edge of the main shield around here. Very frustrating…

Me too bro. 12 inches in Cullman and 0.25 in bham. 33.5 with heavy rain for 6 hrs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it would have bothered me that bad if all the models and ensembles didn’t epically bomb to the NAM. The NAM was completely by its lonesome with the most amped solution until it won.

Light rain and sleet at the house. 40.
The propane guy said he watched the temp drop 8 degrees with the falling rain. Nice but still 40. Maybe darkness will drop the temps more, but will the rain still be around, lol. Always on the far side of the edge, and nearly always lacking the timing.

Its now 630 i have had solid 25 to 30dbz over me since 430 (and virga all afternoon)and still have nothing reaching the ground..other than a few sprinkles an hour ago and a few minutes ago.. The way the radar looks I would have expected rain at the very least am hour ago. Quite extraordinary...last time I saw anything like this it was a snow event years ago but dps then were even lower and it actually resulted in snow. Instead I have spent all day tracking 10 sprinkles so far. I wasn't expecting much but was hoping that with a radar look like this i could have at least got some sleet out of it.. Sigh....?‍?

I'm so desperate for even a minimal event that its quite pathetic lol

The airmass was always just too dry with very little moisture to work with imo for most. The low Dps this morning told the story.

Back