• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 3-4 2024 System

The truth about the NAM is it is only right when it shows what you don’t want. It doesn’t matter then if it’s in the pack or completely off in left field alone. It only exists to make you cry….
Isn't this the truth. It can show you a foot of snow 10 times a winter and be wrong. The first run showing a warm nose during a winter storm will be 100% correct.

February 2015 still haunts me to this day.
That one and January 2017 were just plain brutal for MBY. My NWS Point forecast from GSP had me forecasted 10-14 inches just a couple hours before precip started… I ended up with a slushy inch as precip went back and forth between rain, sleet and snow the entire time. January 2017 I was forecasted 4-7”, but instead had 12 hours of ZR that accrued to 1/3” then a 1/2” of snow as the storm was ending… there was absolutely no mention of freezing rain in my point forecast, and of course the next day with 30mph wind gusts I had lost power by noon on a day that temps stayed in the 20s.

Back