• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

3.64 inches of rain near Birmingham this afternoon in just over an hour . A daily record for the date

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

GSP is now saying the weekend will be dry over our entire CWA. My call for no more rain in July and into August looks great. Enjoy your rain I-20 corridor. Sure hope we get something in the tropics soon to change this stupid dry pattern. Or get an August like 2007. Anything is better than this crap we have now.

GSP is now saying the weekend will be dry over our entire CWA. My call for no more rain in July and into August looks great. Enjoy your rain I-20 corridor. Sure hope we get something in the tropics soon to change this stupid dry pattern. Or get an August like 2007. Anything is better than this crap we have now.
You must have missed the part where they are calling for " likely/ high " rain chances on Friday....

You must have missed the part where they are calling for " likely/ high " rain chances on Friday....

Just looking at the overnight models I wouldn't be shocked if the usual dry corridor gets shutout through at least midday Sunday. Too much NW flow and an actual cold front passage means no rain until you get to the I20 corridor. We need that trough to dig in and retrograde late in the weekend to early next week to get in on some goods. But meh, we can always hope

gfs_apcpn_seus_28.png

Just looking at the overnight models I wouldn't be shocked if the usual dry corridor gets shutout through at least midday Sunday. Too much NW flow and an actual cold front passage means no rain until you get to the I20 corridor. We need that trough to dig in and retrograde late in the weekend to early next week to get in on some goods. But meh, we can always hope

gfs_apcpn_seus_28.png
I'd be willing to bet the GFS is overdone with precip with the cold frontal passage, seen that classic skip too many times....

gfs_apcpn_seus_28.png
We will have to see if the trough digs in as deep as the 00z gfs showed . Previous runs were not as deep offering better hope for some of the drier areas as the front would basically stall over the area. Of course if it's as deep as the 00z gfs showed it would no doubt push the front through reducing rain chances for that area

12z gfs looks much better vs the 06z run for our Carolina friends
4f7f5917b18f6a7d07f01ed57ae09f58.jpg

12z gfs looks much better vs the 06z run for our Carolina friends
4f7f5917b18f6a7d07f01ed57ae09f58.jpg

Waiting on Shetley to run with the 18z GFS, when it shows dry

Radar blowing up over the Carolinas!

Sike! No rain for 500 miles either direction! :(

It's all west to northwest flow in the 12z Euro until day 10, so no rain here for a while. Will be a different story along I-77 and east though, especially from the Charlotte metro towards Florence SC and Wilmington NC.

It's all west to northwest flow in the 12z Euro until day 10, so no rain here for a while. Will be a different story along I-77 and east though, especially from the Charlotte metro towards Florence SC and Wilmington NC.
I know its frustrating, but hang in there you'll get your rain

Back