• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

Glenn burns took a mighty bold leap last night saying he believes the hottest days of summer are behind us. Hmmm. Guess we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aside from no rain next week, the temps look great for North Georgia and across most of the Southeast. Temps in the 80s to low 90s with no heat ridges in sight. Dew points drop off as well, with 50s and 60s across most of the Southeast Sunday. Only a few weeks remain before the window of extreme heat begins to shrink, I think.

Glenn burns took a mighty bold leap last night saying he believes the hottest days of summer are behind us. Hmmm. Guess we'll see.

Well we are already at the peak of the summer heat so climo says it will only get cooler from now until january.

Well we are already at the peak of the summer heat so climo says it will only get cooler from now until january.

While that may be true I've experienced plenty of August and September heat waves. Still think it's far fetched to say it's behind us when we still have August and September to get through.

While that may be true I've experienced plenty of August and September heat waves. Still think it's far fetched to say it's behind us when we still have August and September to get through.

There's no doubt that August and sometimes September can be hot, but in most years July is hotter than August. Some people swear that August is the hottest month of the year, but that's simply not the case in most areas of the country in a normal year.

I agree it is bold and he is rolling the dice, but I don't think it is an unreasonable forecast to try because of how wet it has been and the strong correlation of the hottest in early summer to the hottest in late summer. I have already been saying that the odds favor nothing hotter than 96 at KATL the rest of the summer based on the hottest prior to 7/1 being only 90. This is based on looking at past summers with modest heat prior to 7/1.

There's no doubt that August and sometimes September can be hot, but in most years July is hotter than August. Some people swear that August is the hottest month of the year, but that's simply not the case in most areas of the country in a normal year.
I agree, sometimes it does get hot in August. Your right tho, July is normally hotter then August, August is the transition month where we start seeing less humid. We Start seeing more fronts pushing through cooling us off. Especially towards end of August into September where we start seeing 50/60s at night.

Can we all just take a second and bask in the potential for these dew points in late July
264d9e0f68bd8a893072c9058ec1089d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can we all just take a second and bask in the potential for these dew points in late July

Can't bask in the rain, so sure!

It's never right about rainfall, so I wouldn't do the anti-swamp ass dance just yet!

Can't bask in the rain, so sure!
Meh Friday's chances overall look pretty good IMO but no slam dunk. Obviously timing will be a big factor as well as any outflows from a potential upstream MCS.

I have 2 more days in Hell and then going to be going to Heaven and flirting with 50s by Saturday night.

I have 2 more days in Hell and then going to be going to Heaven and flirting with 50s by Saturday night.
Read Dante's Inferno, the 7th Circle, 3rd Ring ... LOL

Ring 3: The third round of the seventh circle is a great Plain of Burning Sand scorched by great flakes of flame falling slowly down from the sky ...

Last edited:
Back