• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

Storms forming to my SE we are done already. Next chance is late week

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Atleast we cool to below / right at normal , after Monday ! That should cut down on your watering needs! :)
Stay positive, the storms could als move NW!!

Congrats webb
37227a8a0e1e056096adac995493dbf3.jpg

Storms withing 2 miles now but they are moving away. Not 1 drop here. Bigger storms staying well away from here.

I wonder if whether we end up never hitting 100 this summer? Thought this weekend would make a run but the heat backed off a tad beforehand.

Doesn't really matter as we've instead have had Florida summer like conditions for most of July. Today it hasn't rained yet but its 97 with dewpoints in the 70s.

I wonder if whether we end up never hitting 100 this summer? Thought this weekend would make a run but the heat backed off a tad beforehand.

Doesn't really matter as we've instead have had Florida summer like conditions for most of July. Today it hasn't rained yet but its 97 with dewpoints in the 70s.

I don't know about your area, but KATL having only hit 90 for its highest through 6/30 strongly suggested no higher than 96 there (as I posted a few weeks ago) for the rest of the summer per analogs. Their average hottest of the summer since 1950 has been near 97.

Im pretty sure I'm not being dramatic when I say today is one of the hottest I've experienced

Believe me, not taking issue; just tryin' to help keep us alive until ...
But, it's now quiet time on this end, or so it should be, Will Robinson ...

I don't know about your area, but KATL having only hit 90 for its highest through 6/30 strongly suggested no higher than 96 there (as I posted a few weeks ago) for the rest of the summer per analogs. Their average hottest of the summer since 1950 has been near 97.

I'm sure it's different here but I don't really do a full year weather history or document it. I just like reading about it, lol. (and I have read about the weather history for Augusta as well as other areas but I don't take notes)

If I don't hit 100 next weekend (that's the next time I might make a run then). I honestly don't think I will this summer. In August it will still be hot but outside of 2007 and that crazy heat wave I'm not sure of the last time it hit 100 in August in Augusta.

Edit: Of course. Last time it hit 100 here in August was in 2015. I just don't have the best of memories.

And there was another major heat wave in August in 2011 so I hope I didn't jinx us, lol. We might be overdue for a major heat wave in August.

Barely a trace while everyone else in my area gets pounded. I am 100% percent ready for a tropical storm or hurricane to come in from the gulf and up the mountains. This is beyond crazy now. I can say with 100% confidence that I will not measure any rain until sometime in August or September unless we get a tropical system. I knew this on July 2 and I'm being proven right.

I'm pretty sure there's no way Atlanta will get close to 100 this summer unless things start getting really dry in August and we go through another major dry spell like last year.

Back