• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

Tree power damage from mobile to west of Montgomery so far. Not sure I'd say it's busted . I think people thought this was going to be like Opal which was never the case
Well, I guess I mean busted for places further to the north like B’ham. Bust probably wasn’t the right word, more like hasn’t been as bad as we thought it would be. Of course, I said that and my power started flickering.

Well, I guess I mean busted for places further to the north like B’ham. Bust probably wasn’t the right word, more like hasn’t been as bad as we thought it would be. Of course, I said that and my power started flickering.
The strongest winds are still to our SW

Are these mostly from the SW parts of Jefferson County, closer to the center? I'm just north of the very tip top of Jefferson County, in an elevated location, and so far we really haven't had much in the way of winds.
I'm seeing many in the eastern part around trussville . That last band thst came through was a beast

JB, what a goober! Spinning this into a NE twist! Says 50+ mph gusts from Long Island to New England!
Cha ching! $$$$$$

Per preliminary data, Pascagoula, MS, ended up with a 6 foot surge on top of a 2 foot high tide for a total of 8 feet above mean low tide at 1AM CDT last night. Even though it is nothing like the Katrina surge, it is nothing to sneeze at by any means as it is the highest water in a good many years there and it did flood the Golden Nugget first floor with several feet of water.

Per preliminary data, Pascagoula, MS, ended up with a 6 foot surge on top of a 2 foot high tide for a total of 8 feet above mean low tide at 1AM CDT last night. Even though it is nothing like the Katrina surge, it is nothing to sneeze at by any means as it is the highest water in a good many years there and it did flood the Golden Nugget first floor with several feet of water.

Yeah lots of flooding reports out of southeastern Mississippi. Surge was a huge issue no doubt

Back