• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Jose

Does anyone know the last time a major hurricane struck GA, the Carolinas or the northern Gulf coast in October ?
I think Hurricane Hazel on Oct. 15, 1954 is it. I know once we hit Oct. 15, I feel like it is the unofficial end of hurricane season along the coast of the Carolinas.
at195409.gif

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/1954/Major-Hurricane-Hazel

2. Jose could produce other direct impacts next week along portions
of the east coast of the United States from North Carolina northward
to New England, but it is too soon to determine what those impacts
might be or where they could occur. Interests along U.S. east coast
from North Carolina northward to New England should monitor the
progress of Jose during the next several days.

GFS keeps trending closer to the coast

this run is probably gonna hit somewhere around NYC or New England

00Z GFS - Jose heads to MA, then backtracks a loop back to the SW.:confused: Man, Jose can't catch a break from getting trapped underneath ridges. lol

While the majority are still offshore, that's a large spread imo even over just the next 72 hours.... also I recall just a couple days ago not a single EPS member showed a US hit
AL12_2017091500_ECENS_large.png

What a fascinating mess to watch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It really is, I mean when you look at the EPS there's actually 2 members that take Jose into SC, 6 or 7 into NC and a handful more up the coast.... crazy, my gut says ots

Be interesting to see if Jose can make 75 west before crossing 30-32 North. If he does then someone up the coast is highly likely to get hit.

It really is, I mean when you look at the EPS there's actually 2 members that take Jose into SC, 6 or 7 into NC and a handful more up the coast.... crazy, my gut says ots
It does look like a nice plume of high pwat air is going to rotate into our area around Jose late Saturday into monday. Wouldn't be shocked to see some rain around

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back