• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Bitter is an understatement. But in all seriousness after the cold the next 5-7 days I think we will all want a break

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The question then becomes how long of a break...That’s a question that concerns me but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question then becomes how long of a break...That’s a question that concerns me but we’ll see.

Not a forecast - but if one were to take the 18Z GFS literally, we could all do a lot of skiing on Christmas Day - water skiing ... :(
One reason I continue to have trepidation about major winter events in the SE before 12/20 ...
But, but, but ...

Not a forecast - but if one were to take the 18Z GFS literally, we could all do a lot of skiing on Christmas Day - water skiing ... :(
One reason I continue to have trepidation about major winter events in the SE before 12/20 ...
But, but, but ...
Widespread 70s.... Nice Nina look
fabbbeb4ee29403ded60ea7c8927fbcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But, but, but ...

Thought you meant just before Halloween or in November. Not before 12/20.

It's in funnyland but if the pattern breaking down were to be true...
1. I'll be glad that I'm going to LaFayette tomorrow as it's going to be difficult to reestablish this pattern. It's not snow falling but hey it's snow on the ground and I'll get to see a lot of it from the Atlanta area NNW'ard.
2. This is an early 90s winter all over again, very cold early but really warm afterward, unlike a lesser version of 10/11, which we all are hoping for.

Thought you meant just before Halloween or in November. Not before 12/20.

It's in funnyland but if the pattern breaking down were to be true...
1. I'll be glad that I'm going to LaFayette tomorrow as it's going to be difficult to reestablish this pattern. It's not snow falling but hey it's snow on the ground and I'll get to see a lot of it from the Atlanta area NNW'ard.
2. This is an early 90s winter all over again, very cold early but really warm afterward, unlike a lesser version of 10/11, which we all are hoping for.
I say that starting with before Halloween because that's when the 1st wishcasters come out; 2nd round is in mid-November when some start the "white Thanksgiving" mantra; go back and look and you'll see I've been adamant this season and for years about when late December starts winter it usually gives us all, including your lovely Curmudgeon, a long stretch afterwards; the reverse (except 1963 and 1977) just doesn't seem to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have fun on your trip and be safe!

Best!
Phil

In 1993 we got a blizzard after an extended period of 70 degree weather. Just saying. I'm not a met student like most of you but I have enough commonsense to recognize trends and similarities. I could be wrong but I could be right. Who knows

If there was a dislike button I’d hit it a 1000 times. LOL!

Maybe if we all do a communal prayer, Webb can find some gyre spinning SW of New Zealand or some other far-be-gone place none of the rest of us has the aptitude to look at and the run in 4 days will be solid blue, wall to wall ...

Back