Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Still hanging on to projected BN ... :cool:

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

I really like how stable the cold pattern continues to look on virtually all of the models through D10. Obviously, there will be some waxing and waning of the intensity through the balance of the month, but it would certainly be nice to continue to see the PNA ridge and ridging over the pole and into Greenland remain steady in the means as we head into January.

I really like how stable the cold pattern continues to look on virtually all of the models through D10. Obviously, there will be some waxing and waning of the intensity through the balance of the month, but it would certainly be nice to continue to see the PNA ridge and ridging over the pole and into Greenland remain steady in the means as we head into January.
Agreed, but just prepare. Once it breaks down and we flip it's gonna be UGLY. hopefully that wont happen till mid January . We need to score sooner vs later

Agreed, but just prepare. Once it breaks down and we flip it's gonna be UGLY. hopefully that wont happen till mid January . We need to score sooner vs later
That's probably right. But I'm starting to think this just *might not* turn out to be one of those common "winter is over" winters after we flip. I certainly don't expect wall to wall cold, but we're off to quite the surprising start, and I'm starting to think this might be one of those winters that ends up leaving everyone befuddled by its propensity to get cold in the east.

That's probably right. But I'm starting to think this just *might not* turn out to be one of those common "winter is over" winters after we flip. I certainly don't expect wall to wall cold, but we're off to quite the surprising start, and I'm starting to think this might be one of those winters that ends up leaving everyone befuddled by its propensity to get cold in the east.

I think we're so used to being in patterns that seem to last forever, and either be one extreme or the other. Maybe we'll get lucky this winter and the upcoming pattern will hold for a long time and give us plenty of chances for winter storms. Or maybe we'll actually have a winter with a bunch of different pattern changes.

Reactions: Alex and Rain Cold

Best case is probably a less intense version of 10/11 (which is an analog that gets tossed around a lot however). Cold early but once the door slammed, February was very warm. But what was left in it's wake is one of the best winters in recent memory.

Reactions: Rain Cold

Man I hope so, that's my biggest fear at this point, that we have this really good cold pattern juuuussstt outside climo and we blank, then January go time comes around and we lose all our blocks.

Best case is probably a less intense version of 10/11 (which is an analog that gets tossed around a lot however). Cold early but once the door slammed, February was very warm. But what was left in it's wake is one of the best winters in recent memory.
Not all of Feb 2011 was warm. The first two weeks were pretty cold I believe and it even snowed. Then once mid Feb hit, it got warm fast and stayed warm.

EPS weeklies are below normal right on into the 2nd week of January, can see signs of the classical NINA winter pattern progression trying to catch up with us by mid month, but with a huge ridge over NE Siberia and Alaska, North America would continue to get seeded w/ cold air...
Webb,
About that Santa clause suit --- what size do you wear? Headed out to do some shopping ... ;)