• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

The 0z GFS does have a winter storm days 10-12. The model skips 6 hours because it looses resolution after hr. 240, but the winter system is there.

Need to watch for any short waves that make it under the polar low displacement. Those short waves could turn into something big.

Yeah, the most important takeaway from this run is that there is a pattern change on the way with a storm signal, I won't be surprised if we end up tracking something by this time next week.

gfs_asnow_us_41.png

The 0Z Euro starts out with a very nice tall western ridge but it gets flattened considerably later in the run and then looks nothing like the 0Z GFS. Do we toss?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like parts of Mexico may be looking at a stout snowstorm per modeling tonight, lol.

LOL this run isn't even as cold as we were in October

Really?

But yet it snows in Mexico

the end of the Euro... where did the cold go??? even Chicago is in the 40s lol

Last edited:
LOL this run isn't even as cold as we were in October

Really?

But yet it snows in Mexico

the end of the Euro... where did the cold go??? even Chicago is in the 40s lol

Hopefully it is just the Euro's warm bias in play.

As a matter of fact, the 0Z EPS has a stronger western ridge than the 12Z EPS throughout the entire run!
Well thats good news. I image if the euro would continued to hr 384 it would show some more cold

We know the initial setup is likely coming. How high does the Western Ridge get? Will it get as high as the recent GFS runs? Hopefully.
What we don't know is how many times it is going to reload. Do face the fact guys, that it will break down eventually. There is no way it holds on through Winter. Doesn't mean it can't come back, but I think this will be the strongest we see the setup for the remainder of the Winter, so lets hopefully get a couple Wintry threats before we go back to the normal.

Lets not also forget, we can still score without the +PNA -NAO, as many areas have even when Winter seemed dead. It's crazy to think we are becoming greedy over this potential pattern, lol. It's a gift.

Back