Pattern April Showers

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
the crazy thing is this isn't 10 days away... I think it's just a one run aberration though... will see if there's any support from Euro and tomorrow's runs.

Reactions: accu35
Was there a massive volcano eruption somewhere? Maybe that would explain this bizarre weather. Snow in April is just ridiculous.
Let's hope it's the new normal. I might learn to like spring again, instead of as the hated precursor of the more hated summer :) And I believe I could learn to love summer if we had some nice 50 degree days sprinkled in. And I can't believe I'm saying it but I could learn to love April ice storms, lol, even bads ones, just for the contrary nature of it :)

Reactions: Bham 99 and accu35
This is a pretty potent cold air mass though from Canada for April... there's no doubting that much. How far south can it push is the question.

This is a pretty potent cold air mass though from Canada for April... there's no doubting that much. How far south can it push is the question.

I will say they doubted the cold would make it here and well it did... so there's that

a few days ago they were throwing out the cold solutions completely

Grief. Let’s imagine a world where the First half of April was so cold everyone just skipped fall the next year because there was nothing on the trees to “fall”7A60ECF2-8E9D-4010-BF3D-503DCB5C7159.png

Here are the members. Nothing too nutty, some being skewed.. but the GFS members have been bouncing around showing Wintry pretty far South off and on for a few days now. Regardless of precipitation type, I am seeing some hard freezes for a lot of areas per GFS.. bye bye tomaters if it happened to be right.

Here is a snippet for KCAE"s discussion recently:
The MEX guidance for CAE had a high of
82 forecast for Saturday on the 12z run and now has a high of 51
on the 00z run, a 30 degree change from the previous run! Will
again opt to keep a persistent forecast going given the
uncertainty and see if this trend continues on the GFS or if it
is an anomalous run.

gefs_snow_ens_se_27.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1300m
I would also like to note that the 00z Euro is latching on to a very quirky situation for NC especially... but it has a Wintry idea from the surface/2m maps. Only two members of the EPS had "wintry" down here into the CAE region though.. but NC & TN might be well in play if this keeps up.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Here is the 00z EPS Mean:

EPS002.png

Last edited:
My current forecast for Saturday is rain is 49 degrees, which is pretty crazy already. If a winter storm does happen then I'll accept a torch for the entirety of next winter.