• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2023 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, ran across this on Twitter and and somewhat concerned. Does anyone have any details or knowledge of this research institute out of the Netherlands?

The New Madrid is way too close for comfort.

IMG_8054.jpeg

6.0 happen every few days somewhere on earth. I wouldn’t be shocked.
Maybe not shocked, but we would be shaking.

I’d be terrified!! I remember that one that hit Norfolk in the early 2010’s. What I felt here in Pittsboro was enough to know I couldn’t handle anything on a bigger scale.

Last edited:
I guess I'll say what happened.

I was out for a routine walk and went by this house that sometimes had a dog out that I do not like (it's had because it seems like the dog is gone no matter what, either put down or rehomed). I had already been pawed pretty hard by the dog previously, but luckily I was wearing a thick sweatshirt that day (if I'm in short sleeves on that day, I get a pretty bad cut) and just didn't think it was worth it to get ugly even though I typically hate dogs, and I remember that that stuff did hurt.

This time though, I went by the same house, tried to turn around when I heard a familiar bark (although it was too late at that point, I likely should've marched on), the owners of the house tried to call the dog back, and it initially did go back, but then just turned around and launched at me, knocked me to the road, and started biting. I'm lucky I wasn't scalped (that area was first), and the dog didn't get to the neck.

I think I'll be fine, but this is where my luck ran out. I had a bad car wreck in August where I walked away scot free with mostly some mental scars, but this time I got injured, and confirmation that I'm in the right to hate dogs.

I guess I'll say what happened.

I was out for a routine walk and went by this house that sometimes had a dog out that I do not like (it's had because it seems like the dog is gone no matter what, either put down or rehomed). I had already been pawed pretty hard by the dog previously, but luckily I was wearing a thick sweatshirt that day (if I'm in short sleeves on that day, I get a pretty bad cut) and just didn't think it was worth it to get ugly even though I typically hate dogs, and I remember that that stuff did hurt.

This time though, I went by the same house, tried to turn around when I heard a familiar bark (although it was too late at that point, I likely should've marched on), the owners of the house tried to call the dog back, and it initially did go back, but then just turned around and launched at me, knocked me to the road, and started biting. I'm lucky I wasn't scalped (that area was first), and the dog didn't get to the neck.

I think I'll be fine, but this is where my luck ran out. I had a bad car wreck in August where I walked away scot free with mostly some mental scars, but this time I got injured, and confirmation that I'm in the right to hate dogs.
Sorry that happened to you!!!

It will not snow south of I40 this winter
There may not be much rain either. The pattern is nothing like what would be expected with El Nino. It is just the opposite right now. If things continue like this we know where the heat will be next summer. Not in Texas, but over the southeast like it was in 1986, 1999, and 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back