• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the year that interior SC & Upstate gets nothing while coastal areas & to our North and West score.

Why do I even waste my time!!!

Well today ....
Georgia Weather History for January 12th

In 1982, a freak snow storm, now known as Snow Jam, occurred in the Atlanta metro area at rush hour. Up to 6 inches of snow fell quickly in the afternoon bringing traffic to a halt. Stories of people leaving their cars and walking home were quite common across the Atlanta area as most, if not all roads, were blocked or impassable.

Can't wait to score snow with frontal passage next week! That always works out well!

I'm still frustrated over the storm on 1/3. Over the course of this decade, places to my SE have received over twice the amount of snowfall than my location and some of these locations aren't far from the Atlantic coast. I refuse to get excited about any potential system next week after the previous debacle.

Shut the South down in 2014 with post frontal light snow with temps in the mid 20s .....

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Yeah, ATL does well, RAH had the same thing a few years back. I guess I was specifically talking about my back yard. Be it downsloping, apps leeside dry slot, whatever, in my life, I have NEVER gotten snow , even flurries, with a frontal passage

while we need the moisture it sucks it's rain in January after record to near-record cold across the South..

Yeah, those insane snow totals with all the red.....red.....which reminds me of watching NC State take down Duke a few games ago, then beating Clemson last night.

So do we wait one more day before having a thread for next week's possible storm? I feel lucky.

We have seen models are not accurate 3 days out, no need for a thread imo for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back