• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the fv3 considered more reliable at this point? I haven’t been paying much attention until recently since I don’t follow the weather as much during summer.
So far it's been fair when it comes to topics, but still has GFS tenancies. This winter will be a test run on the front of winter weather and cold performance. Do keep in mind it isn't truncated at all either and is on 6 hour frames from hour 0 to 384. Maybe it is but it's not noticable.

Family and I will buy some tickets, cannot win if you don’t play.
It's at $970 million ... bought 3 tix; I'm now $6.00 poorer ... and someone else is gonna be set for generations ... but a fun $6.00 to drop anyway ... meanwhile, we'll all just keep getting the mule out of the barn, plowing and planting and watering (except SD who has never seen water), then putting the mule back in the barn and feeding him for a good portion of 8 more months, and then motivating that mule to get his ass (get it?) out of the barn and help with gathering, then back to the barn with him while we're shucking and figuring out why we're doing all of that to feed that mule a winter's worth of corn, just to do it all over again ...

... Oh, now I understand why my grandfather planted all his fields in pine trees ...

It's at $970 million ... bought 3 tix; I'm now $6.00 poorer ... and someone else is gonna be set for generations ... but a fun $6.00 to drop anyway ... meanwhile, we'll all just keep getting the mule out of the barn, plowing and planting and watering (except SD who has never seen water), then putting the mule back in the barn and feeding him for a good portion of 8 more months, and then motivating that mule to get his ass (get it?) out of the barn and help with gathering, then back to the barn with him while we're shucking and figuring out why we're doing all of that to feed that mule a winter's worth of corn, just to do it all over again ...

... Oh, now I understand why my grandfather planted all his fields in pine trees ...
Well, my Mule rides my cats, one follows it till I pick him up. Brother in law obsessed with pecans, me, mulberries and blueberries.

Well, I picked a sh** night to test my heater. The power kicks on but the blowers will not. Low in the mid 40’s and I’m freezing my nuts off already

I'll probably do the same today, I rarely and I mean rarely play the lottery.... funny isn't it, how many of us are more inclined to play when the jackpot is massive and yet the odds are worse lol

I'll probably do the same today, I rarely and I mean rarely play the lottery.... funny isn't it, how many of us are more inclined to play when the jackpot is massive and yet the odds are worse lol
50 million simply isn't worth my time. Yawn. :)

The odds aren't really worse, you have more of a chance to split the jackpot but the odds of getting the winning numbers remain the same.
So the odds don't change based on the number of tickets sold? I always thought that the odds got worse during times like this because more were playing..... then again I don't really pay that much attention until it gets insane like it is now.

Edit: Lol stupid me.... right the odds don't change because the numbers you are selecting from don't change (well they did last year just to increase the odds so as to increase the jackpots). It's not like it's a raffle..... You right!

Last edited:
Which one has better odds:

A) Winning the lottery

B) Phil getting a foot of snow on Christmas Eve

C) GFS model predicting an entire 360hr weather run correctly

Saw this; Larry can probably provide better info, but perhaps worth posting in Banter ...

Anyone seeking to win the prize at the end of the week may hope there is a good strategy to overcome the incredibly long odds — one in 302,575,350, to be exact — and end up with more money than most people would ever know what to do with.

Should you take the nostalgic route, maybe choosing your child’s birthday, or the day you first recall falling in love? Maybe your anniversary?

While nothing is certain, there are a few numbers that have shown up more often than others in the lottery pull — and, of course, there is one that has been pulled the fewest number of times, too.

According to USA Mega, the most common numbers drawn since 31 October 2017 are one, two, and 28. Those are followed by 14, 17, 42, and 70 — all of which are tied. The number one has been pulled 18 times, two and 28 have been pulled 12 times, and the others were all pulled 11 times.

As for the Mega Ball, the most common ball pulled was 22, which came up seven times.

The least common numbers are 50, 65, 63, 57, 36, and nine. Of those, 50 was chosen just once, and the others were chosen three times.

The least common Mega ball was five.

Saw this; Larry can probably provide better info, but perhaps worth posting in Banter ...

Anyone seeking to win the prize at the end of the week may hope there is a good strategy to overcome the incredibly long odds — one in 302,575,350, to be exact — and end up with more money than most people would ever know what to do with.

Should you take the nostalgic route, maybe choosing your child’s birthday, or the day you first recall falling in love? Maybe your anniversary?

While nothing is certain, there are a few numbers that have shown up more often than others in the lottery pull — and, of course, there is one that has been pulled the fewest number of times, too.

According to USA Mega, the most common numbers drawn since 31 October 2017 are one, two, and 28. Those are followed by 14, 17, 42, and 70 — all of which are tied. The number one has been pulled 18 times, two and 28 have been pulled 12 times, and the others were all pulled 11 times.

As for the Mega Ball, the most common ball pulled was 22, which came up seven times.

The least common numbers are 50, 65, 63, 57, 36, and nine. Of those, 50 was chosen just once, and the others were chosen three times.

The least common Mega ball was five.
Now would seem like as good a time as any to go with the least picked numbers, it's like our winter, they are due. Lol

edited for spelling because I'm starting to behave like Charlie (Storm5) posting without proofreading

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back