• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already been through this discussion, but Jimmy is Jimmy Hypocracy. You can complain, but if you do it all the time or anyone does and collectively, then it's just tiring to read. The members make the board what it is.
To be fair, I was treated unfairly. Everything is good now. I'll try not to be such a pain in the ass from here on out. I apologize to anyone I may have annoyed

HAHA!
303571c7f24fe436bd1ffc63e23cfea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I was treated unfairly. Everything is good now. I'll try not to be such a pain in the ass from here on out. I apologize to anyone I may have annoyed
No need to apologize , if people are annoyed by you they can block you . I can give you an ass hat if you need one . I've got several lol

I hate to think of my power bill, but I'd be terrified if I didn't have my woodstove and my blueflame propane heater to take the load off my strip heat.

I'd be almost as bad as the lady we told has a $1350 water bill coming the week before last.

When we upgrade our server, along with allowing members to upload imagery, and to the new forum upgrade (don't worry, everything stays, there is just a new version of our forum software); things are going to change. The warning system we implemented doesn't work because we don't have a rule set to giving warnings or not.

I will personally be writing the rule set with input from our moderators and admins. That should alleviate a lot of the problems. But I can tell you now, in storm threads, especially (with people who just want to know what models say, or want to learn), will be much more enforced. Not to be detrimental to the community we are building, but to make sure people who have one liners, and trolling, whatever, to just come put it in banter. It is not a big deal.

We won't be telling people to "read more and post less". We will be actively asking them to post in the appropriate thread. When the new rules are set, and everything is setup, we will be removing all warning points from anyone's account in this transition period. We needed a quick fix to a growing banter and troll problem going on, that was not thought out too well.

To go with the above; We do not want to be like other websites with over moderation. We want a fun atmosphere where people can talk, regardless of their knowledge. At the same time, we want our storm threads to be educational and filled with predominantly useful information.

Hopefully everyone understands.

I know sometimes I've opened discussion threads and have thought to myself that I'm wading through posts to get the information I want while I'm not being active but then I feel like I contribute to that, especially by trying to analyze when I'm not perfect at it, especially with 500mb maps.

I know sometimes I've opened discussion threads and have thought to myself that I'm wading through posts to get the information I want while I'm not being active but then I feel like I contribute to that, especially by trying to analyze when I'm not perfect at it, especially with 500mb maps.

Banter in a storm thread is defined something like (examples):

"well, back in xxxx, this storm did this at my house and like we cant believe the models."
"threat over."
"we have all seen what happens when the gfs is not on board, but the nam and euro is."
"i think i will go get a chainsaw in case."
"my local met says it wont snow."
"why is xxx(office) national weather service not issuing warnings. what is wrong with them?"
outside the euro ('post maps! there are not enough free resources on the internet, and I am lazy!")
"hi, im new here and want to be friends."
"dont be a debbie downer, it will snow even though everything argues against it!"
"I will get a foot in my back yard!"
"models will always underdo CAD"
"goofus"
"here come the 00/18/06/12z run (insert model here)"

I had to just stop myself, there are so many.

Just want to say im very thankful for this board. Im proud to be a member who has been here sense day 1. God has place each and every one of us here for a reason, yes it about learning and watching and ejoying weather and making friends but also mainly its about knowing and learning who the ppl are in here. I love learning about new members when they come on board and what area they are from anf abouy there winterstorm history. I thank God for the kind Administration and the Mod team for a making this baors a safe and friendly site, i feel like ive been to school lol. For every new memeber in here, i encourage you to learn and not jump the gun on the ones who have been around a while and that are experience and expert analysis. Do like i did years ago just sit back and learn, you will be surprised of what you can learn. God bless.

To go with the above; We do not want to be like other websites with over moderation. We want a fun atmosphere where people can talk, regardless of their knowledge. At the same time, we want our storm threads to be educational and filled with predominantly useful information.

Hopefully everyone understands.
+1 to this. I'm looking forward to growing our positive learning community! I will help in any way that I can.

Just want to say im very thankful for this board. Im proud to be a member who has been here sense day 1. God has place each and every one of us here for a reason, yes it about learning and watching and ejoying weather and making friends but also mainly its about knowing and learning who the ppl are in here. I love learning about new members when they come on board and what area they are from anf abouy there winterstorm history. I thank God for the kind Administration and the Mod team for a making this baors a safe and friendly site, i feel like ive been to school lol. For every new memeber in here, i encourage you to learn and not jump the gun on the ones who have been around a while and that are experience and expert analysis. Do like i did years ago just sit back and learn, you will be surprised of what you can learn. God bless.
Here! Here! Looking forward to a great 2018 with the forum posters!

Banter in a storm thread is defined something like (examples):

"well, back in xxxx, this storm did this at my house and like we cant believe the models."
"threat over."
"we have all seen what happens when the gfs is not on board, but the nam and euro is."
"i think i will go get a chainsaw in case."
"my local met says it wont snow."
"why is xxx(office) national weather service not issuing warnings. what is wrong with them?"
outside the euro ('post maps! there are not enough free resources on the internet, and I am lazy!")
"hi, im new here and want to be friends."
"dont be a debbie downer, it will snow even though everything argues against it!"
"I will get a foot in my back yard!"
"models will always underdo CAD"
"goofus"
"here come the 00/18/06/12z run (insert model here)"

I had to just stop myself, there are so many.
Can I add ?
"It ain't gonna snow in Gainesville"
;)

Truly don't think Mack (or any of the more recent people to come over from American that weren't at the "other place" in the past) have been that bad. It's a shame what American has turned into to me honestly. I remember in the past, especially when it was Eastern and in the "old days of American" it was mostly weather analysis and while I liked reading there I would have never felt like I could fit in (not even now, when I know a lot more). Now? It's a weenie fest consistently mixed in with some good posts...
Agreed...this past storm we had did me in over there. I have been on American since '10 and was on Eastern a couple of years before. This was really the first year where I got extremely annoyed on American with the weenies, the whining and "pissing" contests. I mean, they came out of the woodwork. I then started noticing some people not posting. Brick, dsaur, GaWx, pcbjr etc. And wondered where everyone went. I'm not a major poster. Obs and banter mainly, so I never really interacted with many people. I've been on here almost a week and so far I like what's on here. Seems like a good place and look forward to many more exciting weather events with everyone.

Agreed...this past storm we had did me in over there. I have been on American since '10 and was on Eastern a couple of years before. This was really the first year where I got extremely annoyed on American with the weenies, the whining and "pissing" contests. I mean, they came out of the woodwork. I then started noticing some people not posting. Brick, dsaur, GaWx, pcbjr etc. And wondered where everyone went. I'm not a major poster. Obs and banter mainly, so I never really interacted with many people. I've been on here almost a week and so far I like what's on here. Seems like a good place and look forward to many more exciting weather events with everyone.
Mods over there are awful. They act like they are running a country. Its a freaking message board.

Still cant believe how much cold air was just wasted. Ofc its supposed to rain this week now that its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back