• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange things enthrall me. That is particularly true when it comes to nature. Two items today were/are really surprising to one who sorta monitors such tidbits.
First, after what was a pretty cold late December and early January, after years of not even seeing one, the native green lizards are back and the dominant grey, intrusive, Cuban imports are gone. :D
Second, mocking birds should just now be pairing up and chicks should be emerging around the end of May. I've got a slew of baby mockingbirds doing their obvious first solos this afternoon. o_O
Just an observation, probably not worth sharing, but ... :confused:
The Cuban lizard just about wiped out the green ones, such cute little guys.

The Cuban lizard just about wiped out the green ones, such cute little guys.
Same thing with the Cuban tree frogs; hopefully this winter knocked out a bit of the invasive population (lizards and those damn spitting frogs alike) and maybe with a good winter next year, we'll be back to the way old Ma Nature intended ... :cool:

I think many of us remember this song: Now sure as the sun will cross the sky, this lie is over. Lost, like the tears that used to tide me over.... (Only time will tell.. Asia)

I think many of us remember this song: Now sure as the sun will cross the sky, this lie is over. Lost, like the tears that used to tide me over.... (Only time will tell.. Asia)

I loved it then and still do. A GREAT song and one of my favs from 1982. I can play it over and over and it NEVER gets old. It deserves a link to the official video, an MTV (and later VH1) classic:

Last edited:
What I have to say (and it has nothing to do with here) is so far beyond the pale ... ARGHHHH ... idiots (again, not here) ... :mad:
~~~~~~
Thank you for allowing this rant ... :confused:

My basketball team in the league at work won again tonight. 6 straight wins after losing the first game. One more game and then the tournament.

I effing hate the NBA. That is all, and not all! I would rather watch the PGA tour than another damn NBA game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back