• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nice comeback win tonight for the Braves.. their phenom and top prospect Ronald Acuña contributing a hit and a run while making his major league debut. I believe this team is one or two pitching spots away from being a force in the National League east for quite some time.
I agree. If they can tighten up the bullpen it will be a great year with much potential!

If MJ was the size of LBJ just think..... MJ is the best ever just like Barry Bonds was the best Hitter/power hitter. I was lucky enough to see both in there prime at it was awesome.
Too bad B.B. had to cheat to do it

True but cheatIng was going on for the pitchers he was facing. Kevin Brown, Rodgers Cheaters, Andy PED...it was crazy back in the 90s early 2000s but fun to watch.

He already had hall of fame numbers before he touched steroids. No doubt no one would have hit 70 homers without steroids but Barry bonds was and is still the greatest hitter to ever live. It’s a shame he did steroids and ruined his rep but I will admit it made the game fun to watch. I got to see bonds, big Mack and slamming Sammy live during the steroid era and it was pretty incredible. I went to a game in San Diego in 1998 at the old Qualcomm stadium when the padres where playing the cardinals. The stadium had 40,000 people in it 2 hours before game time to watch Big Mac take batting practice. I have still to this day never seen a baseball hit so far and so hard. The balls he launched would just keep going and going and landing in the 4th deck!

He already had hall of fame numbers before he touched steroids. No doubt no one would have hit 70 homers without steroids but Barry bonds was and is still the greatest hitter to ever live. It’s a shame he did steroids and ruined his rep but I will admit it made the game fun to watch. I got to see bonds, big Mack and slamming Sammy live during the steroid era and it was pretty incredible. I went to a game in San Diego in 1998 at the old Qualcomm stadium when the padres where playing the cardinals. The stadium had 40,000 people in it 2 hours before game time to watch Big Mac take batting practice. I have still to this day never seen a baseball hit so far and so hard. The balls he launched would just keep going and going and landing in the 4th deck!
Agreed.... I in no way agree with their steroid usage but steroids only gave you power, not the ability to hit major league pitchers. Did it help them hit longer, sure but you still have to be able to see the seams to hit it...... you could pump all the steroids you wanted into most folks and they aren't gonna hit it out of the infield, if they hit it at all.

I got antsy in fantasy baseball and traded him and McCutchen for Harper and Kemp. Not sure this is going to pay off

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If today is any indication on how he will play that was a bad move. :cool:

What’s the best website to compress video? I filmed a rotating storm today dropping down some scud but the video is 325mb on my phone. Here’s a screenshot. The video is amazing.

Attachments

• 3D9F0E2B-DE06-4C72-A267-617C8AA4292F.png
    3D9F0E2B-DE06-4C72-A267-617C8AA4292F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Strange things enthrall me. That is particularly true when it comes to nature. Two items today were/are really surprising to one who sorta monitors such tidbits.
First, after what was a pretty cold late December and early January, after years of not even seeing one, the native green lizards are back and the dominant grey, intrusive, Cuban imports are gone. :D
Second, mocking birds should just now be pairing up and chicks should be emerging around the end of May. I've got a slew of baby mockingbirds doing their obvious first solos this afternoon. o_O
Just an observation, probably not worth sharing, but ... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back